PHL Philadelphia Economy Hertz

songdoc
By songdoc,
in

Hi--

I'm trying to reserve a rental car for p/u in Philadelphia @ Amtrak 30th Street Station (3/31; 2 PM) -- returning to PHL (4/3; 1:30PM).

I used your link to search HOTWIRE. I see a rate of $92.36 (which is $15 higher than picking up and returning to the airport).

What I'm trying to figure out is where the "city location" would be. It would be great if I could know it were 30th Street Station -- or walking distance.

I know Alamo has a location at 30th Street Station -- but it would cost $172 to book it through their website. Before doing that, I'd book p/u and return to PHL from Hotwire for $77 -- and take a train to the airport.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I used your link to search HOTWIRE. I see a rate of $92.36 (which is $15 higher than picking up and returning to the airport).

What I'm trying to figure out is where the "city location" would be. It would be great if I could know it were 30th Street Station -- or walking distance.

Is the box around the rate in red or grey? If red, and you look to the right of the rectangle (to the right of where it states 'unlimited miles' does it say "Hotwire hot Rate" and/or "Airport Location"? If grey, if you click the CONTINUE button does it show you the name of the car company?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If it's grey the Car Company should be shown after clicking the CONTINUE button. On the subsequent page (after clicking the CONTINUE button) do you see a 'new' CONTINUE button in the middle of the page? To the right of that you don't see a car company listed?

If you don't see this, let us know what car class you're see the $92.36 rate for and i'll try to provide further details.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It does not show the car company, although, as stated above, it shows alternate companies at higher rates. The $92.36 rate is for an economy car -- and I just noticed that it shows p/u at the airport -- even though I request a city p/u/ -- and an airport drop off.

Unless I know I'm getting a 30th Street Station p/u I'd have to bite the bullet and take a train to p/u at the airport -- because some of the city locations are very far away from 30th Street -- and could be a nightmare to get to.

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the deal you received on this rental and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]