Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott New Orleans

csutter417
By csutter417,
in

I am relatively new to this Priceline process, but have won bids before in different cities. In any case I would like to stay in the French Quarter district, but also open to the Garden and Arts district. I saw that someone in this forum got a winning bid for a 4 star in the French Quarter for 60$, so I gave that a try and was denied. I then added the Garden district at 60 and that was denied. Next I lowered the room to 3.5 stars and bid 60 and was denied for all three hotels. The next thing I tried was a 3 star hotel in all three districts at 50 and was denied. I think I have to wait 24 hours before bidding again. I am willing to go up to 75-80 tops, but would like get one in the 3, 3 1/2, 4 for under 70 considering I most likely have to pay for parking. Does anyone know if this is a busy time of year for New Orleans. Am I being unreasonable thinking I can get the 4,3.5,3 star hotel for under 70? What do you guys recommend bidding next? Also my mom and brother will be in one room and they will be unhappy if they are unable to get two beds. Is getting two beds usually an issue when using priceline?

Okay, so I found out that the reason I was probably getting denied. From the 1-2nd of April there is an NCAA Final Four tournament in New Orleans. I called around some hotels who normally go for 120 a night, for the dates I was looking for and they raised their rates to 550 for the tournament. The prices go back down to 120 on the 3rd. Needless to say we decided reschedule our trip for the 3-6th, but still plan on using priceline. What do you suggest for a 4-3.5 star bid for April 3-6 in the French Quarter District?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy. One can request two beds with the hotel, but the hotel has the right to say no or may charge more.

HOTWIRE would be a better choice in this case as you can indicate the amount of people in the party and ensure some form of bedding (may be 2 beds or 1 + sofabed, etc.) for a party of more than two.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay? When you search on HOTWIRE for the new dates with the amount of people in the party, are there any listings of interest? If so, what are the star rating, price (per night/before taxes/fees) zone and full list of amenities showing? Thanks.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I just checked out Hotwire. They have four and three stars in the French Quarter for around a 100$ and up. Since it's a weekday and nothing is going on I am hoping to get a 4 or 3 1/2 star for under 70. I saw someone in another one of these posts that got a four for only 60 so that is what I really want. I have heard better deals come from Priceline, is that true? Also if it's not a busy time wouldn't the hotels be willing to let us upgrade or get a double bed? I just really want to save money and not willing to pay 100, yet I still want to be either French Quarter or Garden District.

There is no way to know if the hotel will be willing to let you upgrade - it can depend on who you talk to and there is always a risk when using the service and requiring two beds.

PRICELINE is generally cheaper, but less opaque - HOTWIRE at least offers the ability to make an 'educated guess' as to which hotels are showing. Additionally, rates can change significantly from day-to-day, so rates other users may have gotten for different dates are not comparable.

My guess is that you are likely looking at somewhat-to-moderately under $100 for a 4* in the French Quarter zone for these dates (I'd start at $60 and work higher by $5's - I'm guessing it may take as much $75-90). HOTWIRE is showing a 4* for $111 in the French Quarter for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property will work well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]