Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West - Nob Hill) Mark Hopkins Intercontinental

tsb8m
By tsb8m,
in

I'm looking at travel from 4/3 to 4/6. Hotwire currently gives me the following three deals:

• $142/night. 4.5*. Union Square East - Moscone Center area hotel. 95% recommend.
  • $133/night. 4*. Nobb Hill area hotel. 90% recommend.
  • $137/night. 4*. Union Square West area hotel. 90% recommend.

All three hotels have fitness center, restaurant and business center listed as amenities

Any ideas? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Best guess for each:

$142/night. 4.5*. Union Square East - Moscone Center area hotel. 95% recommend.

InterContinental

$133/night. 4*. Nobb Hill area hotel. 90% recommend.

InterContinental Mark Hopkins

$137/night. 4*. Union Square West area hotel. 90% recommend.

Hilton San Francisco, CLIFT (if it's been downgraded), or Parc 55 looks like it is now in this zone (but i will await a local confirming before i edit the hotel list)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been trying to secure a room in the USE or USW area for three nights Tuesday 4/3 through Friday 4/6 with little luck.

I've bid up to $115 on 4* properties using free rebids and gone up to $105 for 3.5* properties. This seems a little higher than what others on this forum have been reporting for other dates. The closest other dates I could find are here:

4* in USW for $95/night from 3/30 to 4/1

4* in USW for $92/night from 4/10 to 4/13

Any reason why my dates would be significantly more expensive or any strategy thoughts? Am I better off looking at hotwire or Expedia/etc. at these prices?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Any reason why my dates would be significantly more expensive or any strategy thoughts? Am I better off looking at hotwire or Expedia/etc. at these prices?

Different dates/different rates - rates can vary substantially from day-to-day, especially in major cities. Bidding is entirely a case-by-case basis. If PRICELINE and HOTWIRE rates are higher, Expedia (and regular rates in general) are also going to be higher. If you're seeing rates on HOTWIRE in the $130's-140's for 4/4.5* properties, you're really very likely not far off, and probably looking at $120-125 as a likely winning bid range. I'd move higher by $2'-3's at this point (if the last denied bid for a 4* in these zones was $115, then $117, $120, $122, $125) rather than by $5's.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm trying to stay around $115 per night. I bid 3.5* up to $116 with no luck (although it looks like USW and USE only have about 3 or 4 3.5* hotels between them, so the inventory is limited).

I've also seen this one on HOTWIRE: a 3* in Nob Hill area for $105/night with amenities: smoke free rooms, fitness center, restaurant, business center, and high speed internet. There doesn't seem to be a hotel on the Hotwire list that matches exactly with this. The crossed out rate on Hotwire is $142, which happens to be the exact price of Chancellor Hotel on Hotwire right now... any chance that's what this hot Rate is?

If so, seems like a good deal, yes? Chancellor has great reviews on tripadvisor

The 3* Nob Hill property has not yet been reported to the board, but i don't think it's the Chancellor... this HOTWIRE offer shows a TA rating of 3.5/5.0 whereas the current TA rating of the Chancellor is 4.5/5.0.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Finally got my successful reservation via PRICELINE at slightly higher than my ideal max ($115). The same hotel also looked like it was being offered on HOTWIRE for $133/night, so I saved about 8% off the Hotwire price. The cheapest normal rate is $149/night, so I saved 18% off the normal price.

Still researching the hotel a bit...anyone familiar with what type of room they usually stick you with via a Priceline booking?

Just leaving the Mark today from my priceline win. When checking in, we were asked if we wanted one or two beds. Selected one and was assigned a king room on the fourth floor overlooking the front entrance area of the hotel. I liked looking out on that intersection - cable cars go up and down California.

I always use the PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start my purchases and searches!
You should, too!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]