Some tips on bidding airfare.

tradermike
By tradermike,
in

Lately I have had to book a few last minute trips. I have been able to save 50-60% off published fares. I have seen a lot of people posting that they have been unable to find decent deals on plane tickets but this is how I do it.

I will select my days of departure and return and bid a ridiculously low price ( like $50.00 or something ). Typically priceline will deny the bid however they will present you with 4 or 5 different alternative options such as departing from a nearby airport or slightly alternating dates of travel. Each and every time I have done this, ( 4 times in the last 2 months ) I have scored great deals. I will never book through an airlines website again.

Remember that you must be flexible. You can depart/arrive on your selected days anywhere between 6am and 10pm however I have found that most of my flights won have been late morning/early afternoon and arriving in the late evening. The only downfall that I have found it you are usually booked in the lowest fare class thus rendering you ineligible for upgrades/miles.

Thanks for the post and sharing your PRICELINE airfare bidding experience with the board.

Please begin to share your individual wins with the board as well by posting the details to this very forum.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your success continues.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Searching for flights:

Fargo, ND to Indianapolis, IN July 17- Aug 2. Coming in at $700 per ticket. (2people) I am flexible and taking date ranges also. It is just that Fargo is so remote that there is never a price break.

Just did a Priceline bid and tickets with tax counter offer is $388. (per) I haven't accepted it because I don't have enough experience to know if I should grab the flight and run.

Point is, it IS MUCH cheaper!

jsranchmn,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You don't mention how much 'regular' priced tickets are, but if this represents enough of a discount to make an 'opaque' purchase worthwhile (non-refundable, unknown departure/arrival times, unknown layover city or length of layover, etc) then i would take it.

With opaque airfare you need to be flexible given the unknowns above, and just like regular airfare prices rates can change quickly... if you're happy with the deal (and your plans are firm) take it and don't look back.

For more specific help with your tickets, or to report your win/purchase, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]