Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton San Francisco

porty
By porty,
in

I need help!!!

I am trying to bid for a hotel in San Francisco (4*) 7th - 12th Sept

Now when I tried to use priceline.com it would not let me register as my address was not in the US. I registered on priceline.co.uk so all my bids are in pounds.

For SF I have bid up to

Checking rates for the above dates at both Hyatts in the zone show that one is sold-out and the other has higher than usualy rates.

If SPLITTING THE BID is an option we can take a closer look adn see which dates may be the trouble points.

If not, you may want to wait it out as sometimes hotels in this zone don't offer inventory this far out... or you may want to consider adding the USW zone which sits adjacent to this zone.

Let us know your own thoughts and options and we'll advise accordingly how to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Had the same problem with a reservation from 6th to 13th. Cut the reservation from 6th to 10th at $90, 4*, USE and had a winning bid for Grand Hyatt. In hindsight it might have been worth trying to cut the days back 1 at a time.

To be honest splitting the bid doesn't really apeal to me. Although my consider it as a last resort. Do you think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we waited until nearer the time to book?

Also would you suggest lowering to a 3* - as dont' really want to bid any higher than we have already.

Whats the 3* accommodation like in SF?

thog,

Welcome to the board... please post the details of your win as a NEW TOPIC so that it can help other users who are looking for this area. Many use the search function and only search topic titles or only scan the titles of the forum looking for the informatin they need.. you're win will be lost (and unseen) if it as it now stands.

porty,

I think you have a enough time as to not lower your star rating at this time... but do book a cancellable back-up in the meantime in case rates go up. USW isn't an option?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Porty...

I too live in Europe (Oslo, NOrway) and the few times I TRIED to bid through the Priceline UK site, the rejected offers were MUCH higher than the accepted offers on the US site. I think it is easier to get a better rate through Priceline US. To ensure your credit card is accepted on the address line I always put

FOR EXAMPLE:

John Doe

123 Good Deal Lane (first line of address)

NORWAY 0111 (2nd line of address)

Oslo- (city)

California- (State)

99999- (zip code)

try to fit your phone number into the 10 digit US format

I think Priceline's main way of communication is through email and they will only attempt to contact by phone if the email method fails.

I have NEVER had any problems with this....

You should try because I feel strongly that you could get MUCH better deals through the US site....

Good Luck

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]