Priceline Hotel: 6 rooms - 3/24-3/25 Chicago Mag Mile River North

big40
By big40,
in

Would like 3/24-3/25 stay for 6 couples for a birthday weekend in downtown chicago. Am considering 4 star Priceline...

Location I think ideal is Mag Mile or River North so getting to dinner/bar walking or with a short cab ride is feasible. No specific place in mind though so looking for a deal$ and then hopefully some recommendations for fun nearby?

My max. I would like to spend is $100, is that reasonable for this area and day?

can you advise what hotels I may come across looking for 6 rooms?

Thank you.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

A few notes/questions:

With PRICELINE, you can bid on the entire River North/NMA area only; HOTWIRE separates that larger area into the Mag Mile/Streeterville area (south half of the NMA area and River North) and the NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast area (top half of the NMA area and Gold Coast; the Gold Coast area offers nightlife, but I like the River North area for variety of dining, personally.) Would you be okay with anywhere within the shaded River North-NMA zone on PRICELINE, or would you rather try to go with a more specific portion on it via HOTWIRE? If you are looking for nightlife, I would definitely stay North of the river.

How many people are in each room?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply. There are two people per room. I would choose North of the River (nightlife) over dining in this instance but worry about getting something too far west (or in the upper left side of the shaded part on PRICELINE map). However, if dont think it is likley that I can get here within $100 then would be open to it as well. Thank you.

I am looking for those same dates, same area, and I could not get a 3 star at $100 so No i dont think you will get a 4 star, something must be going on there that weekend because we were there 3 weeks agao and rooms were at least half what they are now. Embassy suites are nice and their rooms have a bedroom with a door, and then a living area with a pull out couch very nice and the breakfast is amazing cooked to order and free drinks at night during the managers reception. I think you could get a 3 star for about 110 but you risk being in the gold coast area far away, if you want to go even cheaper you may be able to get a 2.5 star which would prob be the tremont for 80.

PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy. There is no way to indicate the amount of people in the room on PRICELINE, so there will not be added charges during the purchase and there will not likely be added charges at the hotel. However, it's up to the hotel whether or not to accept a request of two beds - and they may charge more for a room w/2. With HOTWIRE, you can indicate more than 2 per room, and if you do, that will likely result in higher prices. However, indicating four on HOTWIRE will ensure bedding for the party. These dates are busy and unfortunately, getting a room for under $100 per night is unlikely, especially at the 4* level.

There is no way to get a 2BR suite via HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, as both services only guarantee a regular/non-upgraded room. Unfortunately, there are very, very few 2BR suites in the city - the one that comes to mind is the Residence Inn on Walton, which does have large 2BR suites.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

big40,

If you haven't yet, please read your messages.

brit28,

There is the tremont not great but decent, 2.5 stars i just booked for 90 a night

Can you please follow-up your current Priceline Chicago thread with the results of your purchase so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]