Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

hannahatl
By hannahatl,
in

Hello all, I've been bidding for a 4* hotel (through the PRICELINE link) for 2 days now and have been unsuccessful. Tonight, I started at $90 and added all the rebid zones until I reached $115 and still got rejected. Any tips? We'd prefer to stay FQ, downtown, arts district. I saw on the Calendar of Wins that multiple people had gotten the Hyatt downtown for $80-$85/night on 3/3. Wondering if we might need to split up our stay? Any tips? Thanks!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Savannah thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay, then repy to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been looking for about 2 weeks for similar dates 3-1 to 3-4. For some reason that weekend is really expensive. It is impossible to find a Saturday 3/3 night stay if you want to live within the city. I had to split up my dates and stay near the airport my last night. For the first 2 nights - 1 week ago the cheapest Downtown or FQ 4* hotel on hotwire was $161 (which gives you a general idea that hotels are going to be expensive on priceline and in general for that weekend) Now there are no more 4* room on hotwire anymore, so I doubt there's going to be much available on price line (at least for a reasonable price) Last week I bid on priceline up to $130 for FQ, Downtown or Convention district and still got rejected. I ended up finding a direct booking with Maison St Charles Inn for around $110 per night for the first 2 nights.

I had to split up my dates and stay near the airport my last night.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If your airport purchase was thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, can you please share your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the purchase for your dates when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Also, please read your messages and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info, newbie. That's what it's looking like so far. We use Priceline's NYOP for every trip we go on and we've used it multiple times for NOLA. Oh well! I'm going to call a few b&b's directly like you did and see what kind of rates I can get.

Btw- I've updated my Savannah stay from before. Thanks for the help!

We use Priceline's NYOP for every trip we go on and we've used it multiple times for NOLA.

Assuming you've had a few wins in the last 2 years, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that the information can best help others.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Rates for these dates are extremely expensive and there is very little availability... based upon the bids you have already made i don't think your expectations are realistic based upon current rates/availability. What is the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

I'm going to call around today. Will update the thread. Probably going to bid one more time tonight for Friday and if can't get anything reasonable, we'll go somewhere else.

Side note: I noticed that 3 nights ago, there was (1) 4* hotel available for $619/night on Priceline. Yesterday there were 4 available and they were all from $319-$399. Today there are 8 available for my dates. All are $319-$399 except the Rennaisance FQ and it's at $179. I'm guessing this is a good sign to see the prices trending/dropping?

Congratulations on your success!

That's AWESOME! Glad to see it ultimately worked out well for you and that PRICELINE came thru at the last minute.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]