Priceline Hotel: NOLA - Need 3-3-12 1 night. Is it worth bidding for?

mandye
By mandye,
in

I have never bid on a hotel room before and I have anxiety about doing it. I have been reading the forum recommendations on bidding and I am somewhat nervous. We have a hotel room at the Chateau Bourbon Wyndham on 3-4-12 which we booked thru Wyndham for $119 (they are currently running a special d/t renovations). This is a FQ hotel. We would like either a FQ hotel or something like the Sheraton on Canal, not too far away, but we are willing to sacrifice somewhat. My budget is about $130, but would love something cheaper. I have checked all of the travel sites and everything is booked. I know hotels always keep a couple of rooms for walk-ups. My questions is, is it worth bidding? What are my chances of getting something decent in either FQ or downtown area? Will hotels sell these walk-up rooms in a bid? We don't absolutely need a room, but would like one. Prices for what is left are also high. Just seeking some advice. If I do decide to bid, I will need guidance also. Thanks in advance, from what I have read you guys seems to very knowledgeable about this hotel bidding business.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To confirm, you're keeping your Wyndham reservation for March 4th and are considering bidding for the additional nite of March 3rd? If this is correct, is the nite of March 3rd an optional nite for you OR will you definitely be in New Orleans on March 3rd and need a place to stay regardless of whether thru PRICELINE, HOTWIRE or thru traditional booking channels?

Are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of PRICELINE's "Downtown" zone OR only the portion along Canal? What is your maximum bid for the nite of March 3rd?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like to keep my wyndham reservation unless you think I should bid for both nights. We would like to be in New Orleans on Saturday night, but can stay elsewhere and drive in early Sunday morning. I am not deadset on Canal. I would like FQ hotel, but I don't think that is going to happen. Downtown or even CC/WH-Arts in acceptable if it is 4 star. I have tried calling Wyndham directly with no success. EVERYTHING is booked. This is a want not a need. I don't want to go higher than $120 considering parking is $30/night everywhere. We are only staying there because it was so cheap.

Demand does look extremely strong for March 3rd, do you know what is happening in the city to account for the strong demand?

This is not a scenario for an amazing PRICELINE deal, although it is worth trying, as stranger things have happened and perhaps you get a hotel with a large number of last minute cancellations that tries to fill rooms via the opaque suppliers.

Not sure up until when your Wyndham rate is refundable, but you could try for just the nite of 3/3, and if rejected also try for the nites of 3/3-3/5 at a price where receiving both nites together would make it worthwhile to cancel the Wyndham reservation.

Let us know your thoughts and if you want to give it a try, do you want to only try at the 4* level and all three zones you've mentioned above, with a $120 limit?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It is the rock n roll marathon that weekend. My wyndham room is cancellable up to 3-1 at midnight. I'm not sure if I want to try. I'm worried I will get stuck somewhere too far away. With availability so low, picking are slim, I know a lot of the good hotels probably won't be "bidding" for my business. What are your thoughts? I am waiting to hear from a deal at lastminutetravel.com. One request was already denied, which turned out to be the Hilton Riverside for $96. Would have been a great deal. This deal based upon the pics is the Iberville Suites for $112 (I went and asked for both nights to see what will happen). None were listed as available and said it needed to be requested. Have anyone here used this site before? What are the chances of getting an "on request' room?

Ok, so got denied on that hidden deal at lastminutetravel.com that required a request. So, what I did was booked the $96 4.5 star WH district hotel which is HIlton Riverside for sunday night thru the same site. THis will save me $20. I will keep my Wyndham room until tomorrow night or give it to a friend who also needs a cheap room for Sunday. This will give me $140 to spend on a room for Saturday if cancellations pop up Thursday or Friday. What do you think?

I am willing to bid. I tried bidding this morning knowing there was no availability and got nothing. It booted me out during bidding and said thank you for bidding, but we are unable to accept your offer. Please see these PRICELINE deals. It was $399/night, hotel monteleone. Whatever!! I bid up to $140 with my free rebids. I would like FQ 1st choice, CC/WH or Downtown 2nd choice. I go back and forth I don't want the hyatt by the dome in the dt zone. If I have to go airport or metairie I won't stay.

That is a good question. I really can't avoid it. If it is given to me for a good price, I will just take it. I have changed my reservations since I last reposted. A friend told me of a sale at Expedia at the Chateau Bourbon Wyndham (my 1st hotel for Sunday night) for $80/night. Cancelled my $96/night at Hilton Riverside and my original Chateau Bourbon Wyndham res and book at Expedia for $80. I continue to want a room on Saturday for as cheap a possible, but realize that option is slowly dwindling. A friend is trying to convince us to stay w/ them near the airport on Saturday night. I'm sorry I am so wishy/washy. My husband just wants to stay at our free condo 45 minutes away and drive in.

And yes I included FQ, DT and WH/CC. I of course was not even considering the airport or Metairie at that time.

I bid all the way to $75 (don't laugh) for airport hotel down to 3 stars. Nothing. What am i doing wrong? I know the Sheraton Airport has rooms as well as the Hilton. While bidding Priceline said median price was $149. not sure if this is accurate. I won't go higher than that to stay that far away, especially with a 3 star that might have doors on the outside. Advice?

A friend told me of a sale at Expedia...

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Expedia (as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies)... please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your travel purchases.

There is very little occupancy available in the city for the nite of march 3rd and you're facing a simply supply/demeand issue. If you managed a hotel would you offer your rooms thru the opaque supplies for this nite and sell them at a deep discount when you're at/near full occupancy and perhaps had only a few rooms left... or would you keep them yourself and try to sell them on your own at full price?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]