Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Convention Center - Capitol Hill) Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. On Capitol Hill

TXNathan
By TXNathan,
in

Here is how my bidding went. Each time only 3.5 stars was selected and I started back at the page where you select areas to bid (I used a link from this site to get to Priceline). I used some rebidding techniques by adding other areas that did not have the level of hotel I was looking for.

1. Capitol Hill Area - $70, Declined

2. Capitol Hill/Georgetown North - $75, Declined (Georgetown North has no 3.5 or 4 star locations)

3. Capitol Hill/DC Northest - $80, Declined (DC Northeast has no 3.5 or 4 star locations)

4. Capitol Hill/Alexandria West - $85, Declined (Same for Alexandria West)

5. Capitol Hill/ Mount Vernon - $90, Declined - Priceline would allow me to rebid instantly if I added $25 per night (I did not)

6. Capitol Hill/ Silver Spring - $95, Declined - Priceline would allow me to rebid instantly if I added $20 per night (I did not)

7. Capitol HIll/Silver Spring/Georgetown North - $100 - Accepted at Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capitol Hill.

I was hoping to get a better deal for the weekend but because it is Cherry Blossom season the prices for the stay on Thursday evening were higher than Friday and Saturday evening at many hotels. Not sure if this had anything to do with it. Either way, the room with taxes comes to be $352 vs $841 booking directly, a savings of $489. I'm good with that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]