Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Airport FLL) Sheraton

Wicked
By Wicked,
in

Ok I put a bid in for a 2 1/2 star hotel, knowing the one I wanted was rated that. Priceline "upgraded" my bid to a 3 star for the same price.

I know this is an odd situation, but has anyone ever disputed being upgraded against their wishes? I didn't ask for an upgrade and they didn't ask if I wanted an upgrade for my bid, they just did it.

Wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.

thanks,

It happens all the time, especially at the 2.5 to 3* level. It is also stated on several Priceline pages that your bid could be upgraded. Be thankful that your bid did not get upgraded to a resort that charges a resort fee.

By the way....Could you please post your bid history/winning hotel info so that your experience can help others?

Thanks!!!!!

From our Rules and Policies:

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

So please share your winning bid with the board (in the appropriate state category) and then we'll comment regarding your upgrade situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think you can fight an upgrade, it says on the webpage that it can happne. Plus, who wouldn't want an upgrade, it's not like they're changing your zone!

I'd be happy to be upgraded to a resort, resort fee.........so what unless you're taking a trip over 4 days it won't cost you that much!

Oh Sorry! :) My Winning bid was $68.89 total with taxes for the hotel room. The group I'm meeting (they also bid on priceline for a 2 1/2 star hotel and didn't get "upgraded") who will be toting me around is staying 7 miles away from my "upgrade". I specifically requested a 2 1/2 star knowing the only 2 1/2 star in the area was the one where everyone else is staying.

How can they determine what an upgrade is? I don't consider this an upgrade at all due to the inconvenience of them moving me 7 miles away from where the 2 1/2 star hotel is.

thanks for your help!

Can you please list your dates of travel and the priceline zone? This information will be helpful to others that may be interested in staying in this area. Can you please start a new topic in the state for which the hotel is located? Just click here and your post will be appreciated!

How to post

Ok hopefully I have the right area now. I put in a bid for a 2 1/2 star hotel, knowing the only 2 1/2 star hotel near the Fort Lauderdale Airport was Amerisuites. I know others traveling the same day as me and did this and all 3 were booked into the Amerisuites.

When I did it, I got "upgraded" against my wishes and was placed 7 miles south in Dania Beach. My winning bid was $68.89 but I do not consider this an upgrade due to the position they have placed me in.

They didn't ask me if I wanted an upgrade and I feel I shouldn't have to accept this bid since they did not give me what I requested. I should have been offered a choice to accept an upgrade or not. If they had asked me I would have turned the bid down.

Opinions?

Thanks,

When bidding on Priceline, you've agreed to their terms & conditions. In the T&C, it clearly states:

Hotel Star Ratings. Priceline.com will book your Name Your Own Price reservation in a property with an equal or higher star level than you requested.

Since you agreed to the T&C and the Airport zone has 3* properties, Priceline can upgrade your 2.5* bid to a 3*.

As for being 7 miles away from your group: You selected the areas you were willing to stay in. If you didn't want to be so far away, you should have only selected the area that your group is staying in (downtown?) and other areas with lesser quality hotels only.

I think thenewbie explained it as well as i could... it is stated in their terms that the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept.

What i don't understand is why you added the Airport zone at all if you wanted to be downtown?!? Better yet, if everyone wanted to be at the same hotel, why not place all the rooms (up to four) in one bid so that you would be guaranteed to be at the same hotel. Out of curiousity, how far apart were the bids (yours and that of your friends) made?

Although priceline could make the potential for an upgrade a bit clearer (ie- on the confirm screen write: "minium star quality:" instead of just "star quality") you do agree to their terms and conditions which does state that they will search for accomodations at your star level or higher.

I don't think you have much recourse given this situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]