Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Downtown) Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel And Marina

jess16
By jess16,
in

Going to miami beach for a last minute conference mar 6-11. Conference is at Eden roc but hotel is booked and too expensive! Would like to try priceline for this area, but I'm a bit scared. is $190 a reasonable offer for a 4 star? and should I only just do a couple of days through priceline just in case get something bad? thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are quite high for these dates, and while you can try $190 for a 4* hotel, i'm not sure how successful you'll be for this complete stay. Are any rooms left at the conference rate and if so how much is it per nite?

Is Miami Beach the only zone you're able to accept? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for responding. Yes, I know rates are quite high for this time. There are no rooms left for the conference rate or any other room at the eden roc. Yes, splitting the priceline bid is an option. I would only change hotels once. I think we could do our first night somewhere other than miami beach. also do you know how accurate the priceline map is? Could they potentially give me a hotel out of this area?

It looks like you already have a priceline win for the first nite of your stay, 3/6, so i assume now you need to win something for 3/7-3/11?

I don't think this will help your situation much, but to confirm, you're now looking for 3/7-3/11 for a 4* hotel in the Miami Beach zone with a maximum bid of $190? If correct:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Miami Beach...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Miami Beach and re-bid zone5...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Miami Beach and re-bid zone6...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $190

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like you already have a priceline win for the first nite of your stay, 3/6, so i assume now you need to win something for 3/7-3/11?

Can you please confirm the dates your bidding?

Give your original pricepoint of $190, and your most recent failed bids at $250, what is your current gameplan and maximum bid?

Is there a point where you lower your star rating and/or consider other nearby zones?

Unfortunately, for this trip we have to be in a certain area to accommodate my husband's conference schedule (or else we just end up spending a lot of money on cabs, which will defeat the purpose and will drive my husband mad). Most of the 4 stars in miami beach are in the same area as the conference, however, the ones under this star level are a bit far and it will be a pain. I may have to bite the bullet and book a confirmed hotel under 4 stars but gives us a good location. Hotels.com is offering circa 39 for 199 excluding taxes which is walking distance from the conference, so I might just book it. I'll still try to bid......however, I think I'm fairly close to my bidding limit. I can always try priceline again in the future when we are a bit more flexible.

Actually, Do you know which potential hotels are 3.5 stars in miami beach? Your list only has 3 star?

If there are no 3.5* properties listed in the Priceline Hotel List then none have been reported to the board at this star level. If we could come up with a few that are likely 3.5*, it would hardly be considered complete, and therefore quite risky given you have specific location needs for this trip.

I'd suggest our companion site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, for finding a hotel near your needed location. If you end up booking Circa 39 please use the board's Hotels.com link as found in our Support Page.

Let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

• 1 year later...

Overdue update...just did one night march 6 at Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel And Marina for 100$. We were unable to book anything else through priceline or hotwire because we couldn't chance being far away from the conference. Stayed at Circa 39....it wasn't very nice and I think we payed around $200 a night!!!

To confirm... did you use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina?

If HOTWIRE, can you see if the amenities are still listed when using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page?

Thanks for the Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]