Priceline Hotel: Paris 5*

bidguy13
By bidguy13,
in

i entered criteria 5* paris starting with the opera district and a bid of $225, rejected

added a district 4 times each time increasing my bid max by $10, rejected every time.

my final attempt was for a 5* at $265 with 5 zones selected, still rejected.

may 22 2012 for 3 nights.

random question, i read a post by another user that they won a 5* in Paris (i think for around $200) and it was the Marriot Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel, but that hotel is not listed currently on priceline, why?

i will continue to try again tomorrow and update my results

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

...but that hotel is not listed currently on priceline, why?

Do you mean that it's not currently listed when you look at the 'retail' listings on PRICELINE (where the hotel name and price is shown?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For your dates, the least expensive 5* on Priceline's retail side is $524. And that one is in the La Defense area.

Hotwire only has a 5* offering for your first night ($236), again in the La Defense area. No 5* offering if I try all three nights at once.

Time is on your side, but it does look like a tough situation. Perhaps you could make a cancelable back-up reservation somewhere, and then you'd feel more comfortable just continuing to try the bidding?

Romelle

thank you Romelle. I have not even checked out HOTWIRE, i have only been using PRICELINE. I really only would like to stay in the Opera Quarter, or the Champs Elysees area. La Defense is too far from what I need.

I will make a cancellable reservation as a back up, that is a good idea.

I did see a post where a PRICELINE user got a bid received for the Renaissance Vendome Paris for I think $275 a night, which I would be very happy with, so I will keep trying. I do have the time luckily.

Will hotels lower their lowest accepted price? Or if my bid of $303 a night was already rejected, will it always keep getting rejected?

There is history here of people having a bid rejected one day, and the very same bid accepted the next day. Hotels can (and do) change their rates, but there is also the currency exchange rate with international bids. That Paris rate is probably set in Euros. If the US Dollar gets stronger against the Euro, it will take less dollars to win. Of course the reverse is true also.

Romelle

Today I lowered my criteria to a 4*, but only in the Opera West District. I do not want to select the Champs Elysees district because I do not want the Melia Alexander hotel, which I have read that PRICELINE has given as a 4* in that area. I do not like many of the reviews I have read about that hotel and so do not want to select that region from feat that it is the hotel I will get stuck with. Also, it is far on the western border of the district and I desire to stay more near the Opera District. I entered a bid of $220 and was rejected, I also took a chance and added the Champs Elsyess district, but at a max bid of only 180, still rejected. So, still no luck, and the hunt continues.

Do you have a back-up reservation anywhere? What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this trip?

Since location appears to be important, if you haven't seen it yet, you may also want to give MAPS and HOTELS.com a look as it makes it easy to see the prices at a given star level closer to your desired location, as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR stay closer/further from your desired point of interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

today i attempting rebidding up to $380 for a 5* and was still rejected. I selected every district except le defense ( i do not want to stay in le defense)

i have not yet made a backup reservation, i feel that i still have time and am not too worried just yet.

Also, i changed my stay from 3 nights to only 2 nights, May 23rd-25th.

Have you been also checking HOTWIRE? For May 23-25 it has a 4* Montmartre - Moulin Rouge at $179 and a 4* Opera at $226. If May 22 is included, it is less expensive and the average goes down a bit.

HOTWIRE can change their offerings regularly and quickly. If you see something that could work, move reasonably fast.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]