Are Bid Acceptances Dynamic?

Mat Dwyer
By Mat Dwyer,
in

I'm curious about this...

I'm trying to get a hotel in Clearwater Beach (4*, the hyatt) for 1 night during March Break - I know this is one of their highest weeks.

I've bid up to $150 a night, and don't want to go much higher.

What I'm curious about is if the minimum amount they will take changes as the dates get closer? Does it typically rise or fall?

I.e. a $145 bid that was rejected last week, is accepted today - does that happen? All things being equal EXCEPT for the date of the bid.

Thanks

Mat

There is a detailed discussion of timing in the FAQ. Underlying pricing is dynamic and inventory can change between now and your stay both in terms of which hotels may be available and price level. However, while rates can fall, they can easily also go higher if it's a busy time period in the area (and this is) and inventory starts to dry up (and hotels may not discount or discount heavily because they think they'll have walk-ins.)

If you would like assistance, please provide the date/s of travel and desired budget per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]