Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Kauai (Princeville) The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas

Dr.O
By Dr.O,
in

Looking to bid on a two bedroom suite in pouipu and then princeville on April 12th to April 18th. Can I bid on suites or will I only be able to bid on two individual rooms? I have had a lot of success in the past when it was one room but have never bid on two. Are there any difference son strategy when bidding ontwo rooms?

All PRICELINE and HOTWIRE wins (unless otherwise indicated by the amenities) are for 'standard' rooms... there is no way to bid on a 2BR suite. Given the discount nature of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, purchasing two rooms thru one of these opaque services may actually cost less than booking one 2BR direct, but you'll need to research rates a bit and not sure if this would work equally well for your plans.

I have had a lot of success in the past when it was one room but have never bid on two.

Assuming some of these successes were within the last 2 years, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is two separate rooms acceptable for this trip? Are you looking for one stay in either Poipu or Princeville OR are you looking for two separate stays to spend some time in each part of the island? What is your desired star rating and expected budget for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At this time, two rooms will be acceptable, looking to do two nights in poipu and 4 in princeville.

So, i did $130 for 4/12 and 4/13 for a resort in poipu and that was rejected and so was $140(adding princeville since they don't have resorts).

I saw that 160 was accepted for mid march. I am going to have someone else in our party to try $150 next.

I like to get the rooms at below $200 a night.

Let us know how the next round of bidding goes and if unsuccessful (which i'm afraid may be likely) we'll take it from there.

Not sure it will help, but have you checked rates to see if it improves to do Princeville for the first 2 nites and Poipu for the latter nites? (assuming of your plans are flexible)

I think the Poipu leg of your stay will be difficult regardless if bidding for the first or last 2 nites, so if it didn't make any difference to your plans i would have suggested trying the 'other' set of dates each time after being rejected for the original set of dates... but you have time if you prefer to stick with your current gameplan of bidding the first 2 nites of your stay up to your limit before trying for other dates.

You can put the same name down for both rooms, but be aware that the person whose name you use will need to be there at check-in... if each the people in each room are traveling separately, one group may have a problem checking-in if the person whose name the rooms are reserved in has not yet arrived.

Keep us updated on your progress.

I went to 160 for 3.5 star for four nights but was rejected but it told me to up it to 213 and it would be accepted. Typically how much do u think I could get it for if I used another name from the party?

Any suggestions for amount and bidding strategy assuming per tax I want 200 a night per room

Got it or two hundred for 4/14 4/18 now I need poipu for the two nights before

I need poipu, I feel like i can be more patient now. Is it better to get these last two days closer to the date of travel? My feeling is that April is a popular time to go to hawaii. I want to get the Sheratin or the Hyatt but would like to get a good deal.

2 rooms are harder to get than 1 room from my experience.

Also, it told me i could get the rooms at 213 so i went ahead and rebid at 200 and got it, maybe i should have done 190.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got this leg of your trip settled.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and reply to your messages.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]