Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto Downtown Sheraton

betsybug
By betsybug,
in

Amenities: Restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, spa

# of rooms: 2

# of nights: 1 (Thu.)

Fee: $15.95. This was 100% fee because there's a tax holiday in Ontario.

AAA rates this a 4*. Hotwire probably beat Priceline. Lowest rate I've seen on Priceline for this hotel, which rates it a 3*, is $61. The only other known Hotwire hotel that matches on amenities and star rating is Crowne Plaza.

I don't know if the same Toronto sub-zone or not, but the Sutton Place Hotel Toronto also seems to have the same amenities.

This Sheraton is a Customer Favorite as well, right? This may be a way to differentiate it from the other two properties.

As always, thanks for posting your results.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sheraton was listed as a customer favorite and those reviews influenced my decision to use HW this one time. I didn't know the Sutton Place came up on Hotwire. It might be a higher star rating, since PL rates it as a 4*. I'd also note AAA rates the Sheraton Toronto as a 4*so $53 is a deal in Toronto in the peak month of August.

Although I have used Priceline over Hotwire until now, in this one city and zone it's worth considering Hotwire to avoid some undesirable hotels that come up with PL. In the downtown Toronto 4* PL bidders can get the Metropolitan, which blatantly discriminates against PL customers on the rooms and service. In the 3* catergory is the Strathcona, which many customers say is not worth a 3* in quality, and AAA rates as a 2*.

I haven't searched it in a while, but if you look at the 2nd post in this thread Canada Hotwire Hotel List you'll see it is indeed a possibility, rated 3.5*, and has the same amenities as those listed for the other 2 properties (i know, i know, somebody will tell you that Hotwire's ratings are always higher than Priceline's, but it just isn't the case :) ).

Priceline is definately used much more frequently than Hotwire (just look at the ratio of posts on this board), but there are certainly times (for a variety of reasons) when Hotwire is a better option given the circumstances. Fortunately, we support both :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]