buying airline tickets via priceline.com

yoyo6713
By yoyo6713,
in

I am a complete newbie to priceline.com and just tried to buy 4 airline tickets to Tahiti. I have all the dates fixed so I am trying to purchase the tickets directly instead of bidding for them. To my surprise it didn't give me any tickets and according to their automated phone message "no airline was willing to release the tickets at that price." what does that mean? I was not bidding for tickets but purchasing them directly. That was yesterday and I figured it might be a system glitch so I tried it again today and was rejected again with the same reason. Anyone purchased tickets from priceline.com directly? Are the prices they are showing shill prices? Make the matter worse, two failed purchase caused 2X $5K pre-authorization on my credit card so now I cannot buy these tickets from Expedia.com (due to 10K pre-auth). Oh and no one at priceline.com is picking up the phone when I called yesterday and today. Can someone here tell me for sure I won't be stuck with 8 tickets to Tahiti and how to have priceline release these ridiculous pre-authorizations?

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look and comment on your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Really sorry about your predicament... hope you are able to get things sorted out.

I just wanted you to know that I called Priceline yesterday at 1-800-818-0034 and got someone almost immediately. That number was given to me by the hotel I had booked.

JB

JB,

Thanks for the number I called it but mine was airline ticket purchase.

Does anyone have a phone number that I can talk to a live person at priceline.com? The numbers (1-800-774-2354,877-850-9658,800-657-9180) I called only gave me 1 option:

input the request number and phone number and then it will say "we are sorry but they cannot find airline to release the tickets at the price, blah blah" and no option to talk to customer service. I am very frustrated at priceline that they took my credit card limit without booking these tickets while not even giving me an option to talk to them.

These are the only 4 tickets available on that day (tried the airline directly as well as Expedia and it failed with 5 tickets requests) and at this point I would rather book with the airline directly (or even with Expedia.com) No one should charges/pre-authorizes CC before committing the bookings).

Priceline could not fix the problem. I pre-paid 10K to my credit card yesterday in an effort to free up some limits but unfortunately this morning when I checked on Expedia.com I only have 3 tickets available (priceline still showing 4 available) so it looks like I missed my chance. In my opinion priceline really dropped the ball when it tried to pre-authorize CC (thus eating up my credit limit) before committing the tickets. I certainly will not try to purchase these tahiti tickets directly from priceline.com. Their inventory listing is not accurate and their credit card practice is idiotic. The whole experience is plain frustrating. So buyers be aware.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]