Priceline Hotel: Waikiki Beach - last minute

aeronan
By aeronan,
in

My stay is May 31 to June 2 and June 9 to June 13 (pre & post cruise).

I don't know if this qualifies as a last minute stays. Wondering if you could tell me whether I can expect a potential good deal on a last minute stay or from your experience, a bad deal?

When should I start to bid & at what percentage of their asking price? I would be bidding for a resort or next lower level hotel.

Second question is - how do I avoid Outrigger on the Beach since their pool is going to be closed in June?

I know this is for two different bids which I will separate out into two different threads when bidding begins. Right now, it's just a generic question on last minute bidding.

You folks have always been so helpful. God luv you for the job that you do :)

Once you're ready to bid please use this thread for the first leg of your trip and start a NEW TOPIC for the post-cruise stay of your trip.

With 3+ months before your stay this would not be considered a last minute bid. As far as timing your bid, see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ, but as long as you do your homework there is no 'bad deal' since you can always stop bidding as you get too close to retail rates ;)

With PRICELINE you can't bid on, or avoid, a specific hotel, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. If you're trying to target/avoid a specific property, HOTWIRE can often be a better option, but the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

Let us know once you're ready to begin bidding and we'll continue this thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]