Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich - Stamford) Stamford Marriott Hotel And Spa

HoosierYankee
By HoosierYankee,
in

This property has not yet been reported to the board.

My guess is that his may be the La Quinta Inn Stamford-Greenwich, but if you are interested in this hotel i think there is a better way to play it... let us know if this is of interest or not OR you have some other options or want to try PRICELINE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This property has not yet been reported to the board.

My guess is that his may be the La Quinta Inn Stamford-Greenwich, but if you are interested in this hotel i think there is a better way to play it... let us know if this is of interest or not OR you have some other options or want to try PRICELINE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I was specifically interested in the Hotel Zero. It looks like others have won Hotel Zero but the amenities didn't sound the same so I thought I just double check by asking. I'll check out Priceline. What do you think are my other options? Thanks.

I am primarily interested in the Zero because it appears to be a newer nicer hotel than the better 3+ star rated hotels, but I would also be willing to accept the 3+ star rated hotels. It just looks like the Zero could be a better deal and the others charge for parking which I'm not sure the Zero does. The Zero win was on the Priceline forum...ops...too many searchs, too many forums............

Here is the previous Priceline win for the Hotel Zero Degrees. Note that this property was reported to the board at the 2.5* level, and i believe this to still be the case.

Do you want to bid this zone for any 2.5* hotel in the zone OR do you want to set your minimum threshold at a higher star level? What is your maximum bid for this stay... or do you instead want to go with a HOTWIRE offer where you can take a guess as to the hotel you may receive? (but note that the Hotel Zero Degrees has never been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It sounds as if you're using the PRICELINE 'retail' listings to determine what you'll get when bidding, but you can't do this as each side of their service uses a different universe of hotels. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ for more information on this subject.

I'm not using the PRICELINE retail listing. I used the HOTWIRE link directly from the board and it only popped up 2 1/2 star or less hotels in the Stamford Old Greenwich area. It did pop up a 3 star hotel in the Armonk Mount Kisco area but I don't want to be that far away from Stamford. Maybe it's the dates that I'm looking for? As the time gets closer to Mar 15-17 do more 3 star rooms open up and therefore would you advise waiting perhaps until the first part of March to secure a room?

Thanks for clarifying the situation...

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level per zone... the hotel with the lowest price is the one offered. If HOTWIRE is not currently showing any 3* hotels for your dates, then they have been given no inventory at 3* hotels for this time period. There is no way to know if the 3* hotels in the area are somewhat busy on their own (and therefore not as likely to give deeply discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers) OR if they're just waiting until closer to your travel dates. Is there anything happening in this area on these dates that you're aware of which would increase demand for these dates? (ie- some event at the local college(s)??)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]