IN Terre Haute Holiday Inn

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I received this hotel via a 3* Hotwire offer. 2/11/12-2/13/12.

The hotel is conveniently located just south off I-70 on US41. As one drives in, it is initially a little confusing. The building is marked Holiday Inn up on top, but the entrance is not readily apparent. If I have my directions correct, it is in the SW corner of the large building.

Check-in was smooth and efficient. I got a king bed with a comfortably soft mattress and an assortment of pillows. The room was spotlessly clean, and well equipped and furnished.

Upon request, the front desk supplied me with an excellent map and helped me with directions.

The building does have internet access, and there also was a lobby computer and printer available to guests.

The hotel has a lovely pool with quite warm water and a nice whirlpool. For a while the pool was filled with little kids (seemed to be a birthday party), but other times it was totally empty.

While the Holiday Inn web site mentions free breakfast, it is not listed as one of the Hotwire amenities. The front desk was very firm that it would not be included for Hotwire guests. Can't say as I blame them, as the Hotwire rate was a lot lower than their website rate.

If you have time, try Square Donuts - 940 Wabash - a local specialty.

Lots of meal options nearby, but I was particularly intrigued with Teppanyaki Grill just south at 3810 S. US41. It is a huge Chinese, Japanese and American buffet, but they also do take-out. For the take-out, they hand you a large styrofoam container, you fill it from the buffet, and they charge you by weight. Very reasonable and good, IMO.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]