Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston Logan Need Help w/ID

lv2trvl
By lv2trvl,
in

Last evening I decided to just book it unknown. At that price, and for only one night before our flight, I thought it was a good deal. Unfortunately, when I went back into Hotwire the deal was gone!

I still need one night (July 20) near the airport at a reasonable rate. There is currently a 4* at Logan for $199, which is more than we are paying for downtown. There is also a 2.5* for $132. Too much for that star rating, I think.

I also tried Priceline, using rebid zones and going up to $85--no luck either.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

In case you are trying to stay at the airport in order to make things easy for taking a morning flight, I'd like to make a couple of comments.

Like you, we planned on doing this just last week when we were in Boston. We had some difficulty getting anything and decided instead to extend our Copley Hotel reservation.

On checking out of the hotel, we took a taxi to Logan and we were at the airport in less than 30minutes and this was in rush hour. In fact we were so early that we were put on an earlier flight!

The cost of the taxi was $25 with tip .There is an airport shuttle which apparantly takes 45minutesand costs $12.50 per person so for more than 1 person the taxi is a better deal.

For you, it will likely depend on how much you are paying downtown and whether you can extend that res.

but wanted to share my thoughts with you.

nshen,

Please post the details of your bid as a NEW TOPIC so that we can properly classify it in our hotel lists and also so that other users can see the property by viewing the topic titles of the forum.

You can still view all of the details of your by going to Hotwire and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Because of the suggestion of the proximity of the airport to the Back Bay area, I decided to try to book the Copley area instead of Logan since nothing affordable and identifiable was showing up on Hotwire. Today I placed another bid (with two free rebids) on Priceline for Boston Back Bay, up to $140, and they were not accepted. I decided to use 1,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points and received 50% off the rack rate at the Sheraton Boston for that night. I ended up with a rate of $154 which is close to what I received on the Hotwire deal for earlier in the week (7/16-18).

Thanks for everyone's help. I have learned A LOT from this board!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]