Priceline Hotel: 3* Ventura Four Points Sheraton

CUinAZ
By CUinAZ,
in

Greetings!

May I first say that there is a wealth of information here and I am very thankful for all of the advice provided.

I'm travelling with Dad next week and he's already booked the Motel 6 in Camarillo for 50.00 a night but I've become a bit spoiled lately staying in Sheraton's and "ritzier" places in Vegas. I've told him that I can get something better for less.

Upon checking ONLY Camarillo, I see a 2* and a 2 1/2*, advice on bidding?

I see some getting the Hyatt in Westlake Village (Thous. Oaks) for under 50.

I'm not sure how far a drive it would be from the Hyatt to my grandmother's

home in Camarillo. (I can easily search that, though).

Question: Where should I start bidding for Camarillo? Should I try for the Hyatt

which I KNOW people have had success with?

Thanks for any advice. :)

Mapquest puts the two cities (using a centerpoint in each, so your actual distance could be a bit longer) at 12.5 miles and 15 minutes.

I would first determine if that is acceptable to you or not and then determine if the higher star rating (available in Thousand Oaks) is worth anything more to you vs. the extra 15 minutes driving time.

Let us know your thoughs on the star rating/zone situation and we'll suggest a strategy to incorporate those aspects. I will add that Camarillo may be a tough bid based upon some other information i'm seeing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your quick reply.

Staying in Thousand Oaks would be wonderful for me. Sadly, I think Dad would REALLY like to stay in Camarillo.

However, if by bidding the area I am risking a poorly reviewed hotel, I think I could convince him that T.O. is the way to go. (hey, I'm a poet! :) )

What are the potential problems you see with bidding strictly Camarillo?

Thanks again for your help.

I made a successful bid for a Phoenix Airport Hotel (28.00) which I will share on the AZ board. (It was my first win!)

Guest aldo

Last summer, I was trying for the 2 1/2* Courtyard in Camarillo, seeing successful bids posted of $46 (our plans changed, so we ended up somewhere else). Don't know if this is still "the magic number", or if that Courtyard still sells to PL, but it might work. The hotel has good reviews, so if you get it, it should be ok. Try Camarillo first if it's closer to Grandma's, since traffic on the 101 can be heavy. There are no free rebids, so you can only keep bidding every 72 hours. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the tips.

I guess I did sound a bit indecisive.

Ideally, Camarillo could be bid alone. I think I would like to see what happens

if I bid ONLY Camarillo. (gotta please travel partners) :)

Does anyone know how many hotels work with PL in that region?

I just read some reviews of the M6 in Camarillo. :) I can not, WILL not stay there.

With this in mind I've decided I'd like to bid the Thousand Oaks zone

along with the Camarillo. I did a quick check on just the Camarillo zone

with a 46 bid and got the message about "small chance". I did not

proceed after that.

My plan is to offer 47.00 for 2 1/2* Camarillo only

if refused, on re-bid increase bid to 48 and add

the 3* Thousand Oaks zone. Not quite sure what to

do after that if the bid is not accepted.

Ideas?

And I thank you so very much. I get a knot in my stomach every time I sit and wait for

the bidding results. :)

Guest aldo

Your $48 rebid will be wasted. It probably won't be enough to get a 3* in T.O., and it's probably not enough to make a difference for the 2 1/2* in Camarillo.

What's the max you're willing to spend?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

I didn't follow the plan precisely but did end up with the Sheraton in Ventura for 53.00.

The 55.00 for Camarillo alone was rejected so I started over bidding 49.00 for T.O. (based on

the terrific reviews of the Hyatt) rejected. I went up to 52.00 adding Camarillo, knowing

I would be turned down again for Cam, but maybe get T.O.

That was rejected so I added $1.00 and Ventura and won at 53.00.

That may be a few dollars more than I could have booked the Ventura Sheraton, but I'm still pleased with

the outcome.

P.S. Dad's happy with the result too. :)

I started my bidding at 55.00 for 2 1/2* Camarillo alone and was rejected so I started over bidding 49.00 for Thousand Oaks (based on the terrific reviews of the Hyatt). Sadly, rejected. I went up to 52.00 adding Camarillo, knowing I would be turned down again for Cam, but maybe get T.O.

That was rejected so I added $1.00 and Ventura and won at 53.00.

That may be a few dollars more than I could have booked the Ventura Sheraton, but I'm still pleased with

the outcome.

Thank you BetterBidding.com!

p.s. I did use the SavingsBarn.com link.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]