Priceline Hotel: Waikiki - May 4-9, 2012 5 Nights - "NAME PRICE" Question

PassingBy
By PassingBy,
in

I have a question ... I want to do "Name Your Price" on Priceline.com for a 4* and above hotel in Zone 7 (Waikiki Beach Area). I have listed the 7 hotels that qualify below. Does that mean that I can only get one of these 7 hotels? I believe I read that if you choose a 4* hotel, then any hotel above that rating can grab your bid.

Three 4* Waikiki Parc Hotel ($196), Hyatt Regency Beach ($224), Hilton Waikiki ($259)

One 5* Royal Hawaiian ($445)

Four RESORT: Waikiki Beach Marriot ($219), Outrigger Reef ($209), Moana Surfrider Westin $354)

Any recommendations on what to bid? Like if I bid $150, then I am probably looking at the lower $200 hotels, right? Thanks!

I will click the link for PRICELINE when I make the purchase. Thanks.

Most likely you will get one of those, it's always possible they may introduce a new one or change the rating and you are the first to win. This is unlikely though.

If you are aiming for the 5* I would start at $130 and move up by $10 to $20 each rebid, bidding only 5*. There are lots of rebid zones. If you are aiming for one of the Resorts start around $90 and move up $5 - $10 each rebid. You have a few rebid zones and can also include 4*. If you would prefer one of the 4* properties just start with 4*. Good luck.

I have a question ... I want to do "Name Your Price" on Priceline.com for a 4* and above hotel in Zone 7 (Waikiki Beach Area). I have listed the 7 hotels that qualify below. Does that mean that I can only get one of these 7 hotels?

No... the 'retail' side of PRICELINE and the 'Name Your Own Price' side each use a difference universe of hotels; some hotels participate in one side and not the other, and vice versa. (as well as having different zone names and boundaries). If you look at the Priceline Hotel List you will see that there have been more Resort class hotels reported to the board than you've listed above, there has only been one 4* hotel (vs. teh three you listed), and at least one of the hotels is not in the Waikiki Beach zone at all. You should NOT assume that the hotels PRICELINE shows in their retail listing is the universe of hotels that you could potentially win by bidding.

I believe I read that if you choose a 4* hotel, then any hotel above that rating can grab your bid.

Correct, the star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE will upgrade you to a higher rated hotel whenever possible. (for zone hierarchy think of 'Resort' class hotels as a 4.5* rated property... so they're above 4* properties but below 5* rated properties)

With the above noted, if you let us know what star rating you'd like to try for and your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you familiar with an using your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) If you're new to the concept it's highly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding re-bidding or how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]