Priceline Hotel: new to site... going to nyc on 7/8-7/10

zardoz
By zardoz,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First issue that you're going to have to deal with is that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy. Not sure if you were seeking one room or two, but one room on Priceline is going to be risky as many hotel rooms in NYC only have one bed (and can't accomodate a roll-away).

If seeking one room you can use Hotwire which allows you to search for up to quad occupancy or you could also try EasyClickTravel.

Let us know your thoughts on the room 'situation' and we'll take the next step.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are very high for your dates but i think i came up with a few good solutions depending upon your comfort level (read on)...

Priceline isn't an option as i don't think it's safe to bid for one room for quad occupancy in NYC. Search Hotwire does not show anything worthwhile.

What i think is the best deal is the Beekman Tower where you will get a 1BR sutie for $185/nite. This room will have one bed in the bedroom and one pull-out couch in the living room... don't know if this will work well for you and/or your kids. You'll need to use the above link and only 'declare' 2 poeple in the room, but all their 1BR suites have the above bedding configuration. REVIEWS of this property are excellent.

Same situation applies (search only for 2 people) at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan but the rate there for a suite is $266/nite.

You could also book the MILLENIUM UN, 'declare' 2 adults/2 children, and get the room for $169/nite... but while this will get you 2 double beds, i think the Beekman mentioned above is a better value and will give you substantially more room since it is a 'true' suite. Search for 4 adults and the hotel isn't shown at atll.

The Beekman (above) can be booked thru QUICKBOOK for 2 adults/2 children, but the price is $199 (plus booking fees... none apply with the $185 link above) so i would just as soon save the $40 and book via the link above. If you try to use QB for 4 adults the price goes up to $249/nite and you'll be getting the same "1BR suite" anyway, so save the money.

So those are our thoughts... let us know if you have any questions and/or if we can help further. Of course let us know what you decide to do (and please use the links in this post if you go with any of the above)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks...but, the time that I got online the beekman was filled. I am thinking of staying at "jersey" chain hotel tonight and then in Manhatten tomorrow. Any idea? We are leaving Ohio around 3pm. If we miss, thanks for your previous attention to me!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help... we decided to stay in jersey the first night and then got a room at the omni berkshire (AAA rate) for 219. You got me a little nervous about 2 beds/1 bed thing with the kids. Hotel was WONDERFUL.. walking distance to everything.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]