Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure Hotel

John Lin
By John Lin,
in

Let me just start by saying: "Yes, I used the link to PRICELINE, so need to mention that!" :)

Traveling with my mom to show her LA, so I thought I'd get a nicer place than my normal motels outside of LA. I was shooting for the Westin Bonaventure in Downtown LA, which I enjoy if I want something more luxurious. Typically LA Downtown is empty on weekends, so it's priced lower than other areas. So when I strategize my bidding strategy, I can be aggressive. There are 4 areas that don't even have 4* hotels in LA. And then the remaining areas (EXCEPT FOR LAX) have much pricier 4*s. So, I can pretty much bid 7-8 times before giving up for the day.

I started my first bid at 65, and they immediately counteroffered at $94. I usually figure a winning bid will be halfway inbetween my bid and theirs (which if you average it in this case would be $79.50. We will see...

7 bids later (in $2-3 increments), finally won at $84/night. Taxes and Fees: 33.68 for a total of $201.68 (or 100.84 per night including taxes/fees).

I've stayed here before and am usually confident about getting this specific hotel on Priceline for Downtown LA. I've definitely got this property for cheaper in the past ($72, $80), but I'm ok with it again on this trip, because I believe the Westin Bonaventure tries very hard to deliver a good service. And so I'm excited to see if they continue their upward trend in quality, or if I end up having a bad experience. We will see! If not, i will be sure to post it here and in MANY other places. Muahaha. But so far, it's been excellent.

If I didn't mention it at the very top of my post: YES, I DID USE THE PRICELINE link. Thanks for all the info, betterbidding, it is a great service!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]