Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Center - Space Needle) Pan Pacific Seattle

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

The opportunity to land this hotel and visit caused me to change a trip I'd hoped for to Austin TX. Hotwire rates looked pretty reasonable for Seattle ($70s for 3.5 star and upper $80s to $90s for 4 star), but the big indicator was PRICELINE VP, which showed the Pan Pacific crazy-cheap only if booked on a Friday-to-Monday basis (package jumps $400+ if Thursday or Monday is added to front-back ends).

Although I realize that this hotel never comes up much under $70 ever, I did start in the upper $50s and used free rebids until accepted ($1 increments at the end). No counter-offers, just acceptance. Stayed with the Center-Space Needle zone as was targeting the Pan Pacific; would have bid on 3.5-star to be more central in Pikes Place zone but the Silver Cloud by Safeco would've come up ahead of the Silver Could on Broadway. My winning was was $68+, which included $62 plus $20 Entertainment bonus money ($6.67/night). Hotel best retail rate is $170/night.

If anyone else is hoping to stay at this property without bidding, I recommend looking at PRICELINE Vacation Packages first. My situation required me to bid -- I had some Southwest Airlines expiring credits and need to use them for ala carte air booking -- but my net cost (w/taxes-fees, i.e. my airfare plus my winning hotel bid with the Ent bonus money) was almost verbatim to the VP price. From Denver the fare was $200 RT and the total hotel cost was $228, meaning a $448 cost (if you didn't have the Ent $20 bonus money). VP showed the DEN-SEA itin with Pan Pacific for one person as $413 if PL selects flights (too risky for weekend trip w/ possible late evening arrival and/or early morning return) and $448 if you select your flights/times.

Initiated my bidding by linking to PRICELINE from BB portal on this page, logged into account first to get bonus money, and then began my multiple bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]