Hotwire Hotel: Miami Beach - March 12 - Help on Avg price

Ptk
By Ptk,
in

Hi all, this is my first time here on the forum.

What would be a good price to star the bid for the Miami Beach area on March 17th to 27th ?

Looking the hotels I see some prices around 140 / 160 , so I guess I could start any value lower then that, correct ? like 110/ 120...

Is the rating 2.5* good or not ?

cheers

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Can you then please clarify the following:

-the dates of your stay, as the topic title indicates March 12, but your post suggests March 17-March 27.

-you're looking at the Miami Beach zone (and not any of the South Beach zones, correct?)

-the $140-$160 rates were found thru HOTWIRE or are these 'retail' rates where you know the name of the hotel before purchase? For what star rating were these hotels?

Ideally i would look to bid higher than 2.5*. While there may be some hotels at this star rating that meet your needs/expectations, there may be some which do not, and with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you don't get to choose which type you will get ;) As well, as you enter the lower rated hotels there can be a greater disparity between hotels within the same star rating, and this is especially true in an area such as this where beach area hotels tend to get 'beat up' a lot from overuse as well as the harsh elements, as well as many hotels in this area may be smaller/independents which might not have the financial backing to keep their hotels as well maintained as some of their larger corporate counterparts.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]