Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea - Makena) Maui Prince

jmoosman
By jmoosman,
in

We are looking to stay at hopefully either the Hyatt or the Westin on Kaanapali Beach. From pricing it on Hotwire, I got $228/night most likely at the Westin.

I thought I'd try to bid on here in case I could beat that price significantly.

I first selected only Kaanapali region and Resort:

Bid $135 and rejected

Added Kihei for free rebid at $140 and was rejected

Added Kahului for free rebid at $145 and was rejected.

Any thoughts about whether I should keep rebidding or whether the $228 is a good price on Hotwire (plus the $50 off coupon there and $30 from our Ent. book)?

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer

I think I would wait the 72 hrs and try $160,$170,$180 if you want to buy this now. Or you could Keep bidding $140,$150,$160 for the next few weeks.

For some reason Sept @ the Hyatt is $$$. There must be a convention there part of the time during your stay.

I will be there @ the Hyatt the same time as you and rates have really gone up in the last few weeks.

Thanks for your advice. We may need to book our airfare sooner than firming up the hotel plans, as airfares are cheap right now (but of course may go up at any moment). So I may end up taking the Hotwire deal for security- at $228 (plus the other discounts) it's way cheaper than I got elsewhere even w/ other discounts (lowest I had found before that was $260).

I'll post again if I do more bidding on this one.

Thanks!

After debating between spending our time in Wailea or Kaanapali, we decided to split our time between the two.

I first bid $160 for Wailea for the 2nd half of our trip (dates 9/24-9/28), received the $25 rebid suggestion which I chose not to do, and instead rebid free bids (by adding Kihei and Kahului) and raised the price to $170 and then $175, but was declined.

I then decided to switch the dates in a last ditch attempt, kept the price at $175, and was instantly accepted at the Maui Prince (the property we were hoping for!).

The current cheapest rate on Expedia for this hotel during these dates is $259. :)

Somehow the title is reflecting the Honolulu Prince, but we booked the Maui Prince in Wailua/Makena. Just to clarify :)

Also, we just booked the Westin Maui on Kaanapali Beach for the 2nd half of our stay and we did it through Hotwire (via the SavingsBarn.com) for $228/night. Plus we used the GIFTCARD06 savings code and kicked off another $40 off the price.

Amenities in their full list were: Resort, Beachfront, Restaurants, Pools, Fitness Center, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, and Business Center.

Now we just have to wait until September!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]