Priceline Hotel: 4* Sacramento (Downtown) The Citizen Hotel

AGN0474
By AGN0474,
in

Just won bid after a 24 hour wait. Started at $80 on a 4 star for downtown Sacramento yesterday with no luck. Went all the way up to $120 with nothing but rejection bidding with additional zones South Natomas, West Sacramento, etc... (none of which even came close to having 4 star hotels). At one point I even received a "bid again without changing your zone/dates by raising bid $41 to $146"...at $120 I was rejected again. I just bit the bullet and bid again $140/night and won it for the Citizen. It will be within walking distance to my client and should make for a nice stay.

I found Yelp to be a good resource as well on hotel reviews for surrounding/lower star hotels in the downtown area. For instance, the Clarion was available and almost half the price (booking directly), however, it received very poor reviews. As I have never been to Sacramento, I was informed it is a good idea not to venture too far south or west as the sketch factor starts to come into play and traffic isn't pleasant to deal with.

Thanks to all posters and the admin. Good luck with your future bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]