Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Marriott New Orleans

dtran01
By dtran01,
in

Tried Thurs 3/8 to following Fri 3/16 :

(FQ=french quarter, DT=downtown, CC=conv center)

4*FQ - starting $75

4*FQ - add zone $79

4*FQ - add zone $81

4*FQ - add zone $85

4*FQ - add zone $89

4*FQ - add zone $91

4*FQ - add DT $93

4*FQ - add CC $97

all denied.

Hotwire 4* cheapest for 3/8-3/12 (Thurs-Mon) seems to be $180, and 4* cheapest for 3/12-3/16 (Mon-Fri) is $91.

I can accept 3* for the weekend. (which means I wont mind splitting up into two different hotels).

For the weekend, FQ or DT or CC is okay. For the weekdays, would prefer FQ.

I would really appreciate advice on follow-up bidding strategy and potential price ranges, please!

I would try for the weekend dates first since i think these will prove to be the more difficult. For 3/8-3/12...

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* French Quarter...

Select 3.5* Convention Center...

Select 3.5* Downtown and French Quarter...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Convention Center...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* DT and FQ and CC...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

If the above is rejected, close the browser and use a board link to re-access PRICELINE; re-try but using 3* with the same bid amounts as above.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the thorough strategy. I tried as you guided, and everything was denied (all 40-50 bids).

It looks like I'm not going to be able to be below budget for the weekend.

Hotwire is still showing a Downtown 3* $139 property, so I'm thinking that if I bite the bullet and raise my budget a little I can still get a room between the $115-$130 price point.

I'm going to try again. I would appreciate if you could guide me with the new 115-130 budget. Should I just raise the bids you outlined?

for example:

3* DT, bid 100,rebid 105,rebid 110

3* FQ, bid 100,rebid 105,rebid 110

3* CC, bid 100,rebid 105,rebid 110

3* FQ+DT, bid 115,rebid 120,rebid 125

3* CC+DT, bid 115,rebid 120,rebid 125

3* FQ+DT+CC, bid 130,rebid 135, giveup/use hotwire 139

Thanks for your direction. I made sure to use the PRICELINE links you provided!

I'm assuming you bid the previous strategy at both the 3.5* and 3* levels? If so, the approach you posted should work out fine, but it's up to you whether you want to start at 3* OR first try at the 3.5* level before lowering your star rating at the 3 star level.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, I used links from here to bid, but could not get a hotel even at $135 even for 3-star for the weekend. it seems there's a large pharmacy convention AND SEC Basketball tournament that weekend. I spoke with a hotel conceirge and they are expecting people flooding the streets that weekend (3/8-3/12). I ended up getting a private vacation rental for 150/nt (incl taxes/cleaning) a couple miles away for those dates.

I still ended up within budget because I was able to book 3/12-3/16 very cheaply.

3/12-3/14 - 4* French Quarter - Marriot New Orleans - $66/nt + taxes/fees

3/14-3/16 - 4* Convention Center - Marriot New Orleans Convention Center - $60/nt + taxes

Thank you for the help (even though it didn't work out as planned!)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were at least partially successful.

Please use separate threads for each win so that others will be aware of each when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. We'll use this thread for your first PRICELINE purchase of the Marriott New Orleans... please start a NEW TOPIC for your second purchase of the Marriot New Orleans Convention Center.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]