Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Historic District - Penns Landing) Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penns Landing

WillMTaylor
By WillMTaylor,
in

Hello all,

First, my apologies if I am doing this improperly or in the wrong place the instructions for getting started seemed a bit all over the place and I just discovered this amazing site a few days ago.

Now, I have a conference at the Philadelphia convention center on March 28-31, and my hotel accommodations are provided. However, I'm going up a few days early to sight see with the family. Thus, I am in need of the following:

Downtown Philly - Convention Center

Check in Monday 3/26 & Check out Wednesday 3/28

Trying to get 3.5* & up for the possibility of being very close to my same hotel that is already booked for 3/28-3/31, although 3* would certainly be acceptable.

I have already tried multiple bids via Priceline, starting from the prices of the successful bids in this forum, but to no avail. I've bid $65, $71, & $76. After that, I ran out of areas to add that were too far, but didn't have 3.5* &up (simply for rebidding purposes.)

Please help me, as my family really needs to get this hotel for cheap, and I don't understand why other's bids were accepted & mine were rejected.

Thanks,

Will

Welcome!

Do the previously reported winning bids in this area match up with your dates of travel? Also, how many adults and children will be in your party? PRICELINE only guarantees accommodations for two and it is up to the discretion of the management to upgrade you to a room with two beds. Using HOTWIRE, you may search for up to 4 guests per room. Will you have a car for this trip? What is your maximum bid? Would you consider other zones if your maximum bid is not achieved?

Thanks for the quick reply & the welcome. I'll take these as a list:

- There are no reported winning bids, as of yet, for those dates. They are all for sooner than that.

- There are two adults (my wife & I) and our infant daughter (6 mo.'s old), so she doesn't need an extra bed

- We will not have a car and do not wish to worry about renting one or driving around the city. The idea is to be within walking distance. (and we're in good shape, so we don't mind walking a bit).

- The maximum that I would like to pay would be around $100/night for these nicer Convention Center hotels, as I could get the Travelodge in that area for that price

- I cannot consider another zone because, as stated above, we will not have a car.

Again, thank you VERY much!

will (& family)

Greetings Will, sorry for the additional questions, but would you consider the Historic District/Penns Landing zone? Philadelphia is a very walkable city, and this is, IMO, the most walkable part of the city and the best area to do the Tourist stuff. More zones yield greater opportunities to accommodate your budget. How about the Rittenhouse zone? PS, it has been 16 or so years, but we had a port-a-crib and we took it everywhere!

...I don't understand why other's bids were accepted & mine were rejected.

Rates are date specific, and if you've look at retail rates for your dates, they're quite high, which often means a higher than usual bid price is needed to win. The higher rates indicative of higher than usual demand, so hotels may be hoping to sell rooms on their own at full price and not willing to discount as deeply.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Greetings Will, sorry for the additional questions, but would you consider the Historic District/Penns Landing zone? Philadelphia is a very walkable city, and this is, IMO, the most walkable part of the city and the best area to do the Tourist stuff. More zones yield greater opportunities to accommodate your budget. How about the Rittenhouse zone? PS, it has been 16 or so years, but we had a port-a-crib and we took it everywhere!

Thanks again for the quick reply. It's appreciated. I think the business district looks farther from both the Convention Center as well as many of the "touristy" sights. I may heed your advice, though, at the Historic District/Penn's Landing. However, once gain there aren't a lot of sucessful postings/bids on the boards. Do you have any advice or suggestions for where to start in that area, in regards to price?

Thanks!

will

Do you have any advice or suggestions for where to start in that area, in regards to price?

Is $100 still your maximum bid for a 3.5* or better hotel?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I originally started my bidding at $65 in the Convention Center district. It was rejected, but I used the rebidding forum and had further bids of $71 & $76 rejected. Finally, I added the Historic district and upped my bid to $87 (my Hail Mary), and it was accepted by the Hyatt Regency at Penns Landing.

That's 2 nights at a 4* hotel in downtown Philly DURING a huge convention for $209 TOTAL after taxes & fees. THANK YOU GUYS!

Will

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]