Priceline Hotel: 5* Sydney (City Centre) - No Joy yet

senorbob
By senorbob,
in

It's a busy time in Sydney as it's Mardi Gras. Looking for a 5* in the City Centre (which is the only area available) for 5 nights.

We're a long way ahead and I have been trying a number of bids over the past couple of weeks. Cheapest rate from the hotel sites are $183 for a non-view basic room at the Sheraton on the Park and $266 at the Marriott Harbour, but that is for a Deluxe City View room.

Started at $85, then $90,

After checking Marriotts page for this period, there seems to be a rate break on 3rd March ("The rate for this room changes on 03/03/2006 to 359.00 (AUD) per night" (b.ex.) ). So why don't you try to split your bid? And you still have a lot of time to wait and to try, I think.. however if this is a busy period for Syd, I understand that you want to secure your room early.

Not sure if this is helpful to you or not, but I too am trying to bid for Sydney in 2006. For my dates (January 5-8), I've bid up to $125 for a 5* and also got the same $22 counteroffer. I wonder if it's just too early or rather it's the Sheraton or Intercontinental rather than the Marriott?

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried up to $132 ($155! after taxes and fees) with no joy for January 5-8.

Assuming this is the Sydney Harbour Marriott we are bidding for, the best rate on Marriott.com for my dates (and incidentally, your dates) is AU$200.00 = US$152 (government rate).

Mind you, for me it's during "peak season" (Christmas and New Year's) when everything is expensive; e.g., the Bridge Climb rates are jacked up...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]