Priceline Hotel: Wild Dunes advice

beachcomber
By beachcomber,
in

I saw the last post got Wild Dunes for $75. We are going to Charleston in May to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I would really like to get Wild Dunes, however I see Charleston Harbor is now a 4 star in that same zone. I really don't want Charleston Harbor after reading a terrible review on it on this website.

Any help on how to get Wild Dunes is much appreciated!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

What are the actual dates of your trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates of our trip will be May 12-17, I think we will do one night at Myrtle Beach and one night at Hilton Head and 3 nights in Charleston. I understand that you can't be guaranteed a specific hotel, I am just trying to figure out how lessen my chances of getting Charleston Harbor. Do I have a better shot on Priceline? I don't see any posts about people getting that one (Charleston Harbor) through Priceline but I see people seem to get it on Hotwire...

Thank you!

With PRICELINE, one has to accept any 4* within the zone or zones chosen. There is no way to know inventory/increase the odds of getting or avoiding a particular property. However, with HOTWIRE you are given information (amenities, star rating, zone, etc) before purchasing and that allows one to make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing; that's no guarantee (information can always change, there is only one hotel per star rating and the hotel you are looking for may not be showing for your dates, etc.) Hotels can appear on the discount service/s infrequently and can suddenly go a while without being seen as a win.

Are you seeing a 4* on HOTWIRE in the zone in question for these dates? If so, what are the amenities associated with the listing?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Beachcomber, "no risk no fun" :) and I also need to point out same as Thereuare: You may get any of 4* hotels - if there are in your area.

My plan was: Looked into BB listing for Priceline hotels in South Carolina - Charleston - Mount Pleasant/Isle of Palms. There I found as currently only 4* the Wild Dunes Resort. So I bid on that area for only 4*, using rebids with lot's of rebid zones. And successful, got it - as reported.

Hope it helps. But as mentioned, no risk ... etc.

I saw the last post got Wild Dunes for $75. We are going to Charleston in May to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I would really like to get Wild Dunes, however I see Charleston Harbor is now a 4 star in that same zone. I really don't want Charleston Harbor after reading a terrible review on it on this website.

Any help on how to get Wild Dunes is much appreciated!!!

Going by my experience, you most likely wont get Wild Dunes for 75 a night in May.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]