Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Baltimore (Downtown and Inner Harbor) Sheraton City Center

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Bought this way early, but going to see the Red Sox play the Orioles, so figured the $63 price was worth booking now.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center

3.5* Downtown and Inner Harbor, $63 a night.

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

"We are still gathering reviews for this property."

I used Betterbidding's HOTWIRE link.

Aaron, thanks. The price was certainly right. As an aside, I put in a question to HOTWIRE about the 3.5* rating for this hotel. Many reviews about this place are scathing and bad - dirty, old, bedbugs, etc.... I asked HOTWIRE to look into whether this really is 3.5* caliber. I'll let you know what response I get.

Got this response from Michael A at Hotwire:

Thank you for contacting Hotwire concerning the star rating of your hotel.

I understand you have read concerning reviews on other sites about the Sheraton City Center and I regret any hesitation and second guessing this has caused you. We regularly evaluate our hotel partners to ensure they offer the amenities listed on our site and the clean rooms in working order we promise on every reservation.

I also understand you have observed a different star rating for this hotel than the star rating listed on the Hotwire site. While there is no standard star ratings system in the US, we work hard to offer clear and accurate star ratings. We start with the average star rating of other leading travel sites and then use Hotwire customer feedback and surveys to adjust accordingly. This helps to ensure our star ratings reflect our customers recent experience. I can assure you we last evaluated this hotel on January 28th, 2012 and Hotwire is confident the star rating is accurate.

If you have concerns upon arrival, please contact us at 1-866-HOTWIRE (468-9473) so that we may work with our hotel partner to resolve the issue. Our Customer Care Associates are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Sincerely,

Michael A

Hotwire Customer Care

It's interesting that this hotel was reevaluated just a couple days before my letter. Reviews are really scary bad about this place which is why I wanted to alert Hotwire in case it should be downgraded. Guess that won't be happening.

Sorry to hear about the result of the letter. If there is a definite issue upon arrival, I'd call HOTWIRE asap and ask them to remedy the situation - although hopefully the property will be better-than-expected and that won't be necessary. Sorry again that the hotel result is a disappointment.

Thanks Aaron. I'll definitely report back. I think things will be ok. This hotel is located across the street from the hotel I thought I was bidding on (Holiday Inn Express). I've stayed at the HIE and it was very good, very pleased. I spied what I thought was the HIE on Hotwire, a "Super Savings" at the top of the list. The next day when I went to bid, I clicked on the top listing and if I had been paying attention I would have seen that listing had changed from 3* to 3.5* and was different. So my bad. Sheratons are usually decent, so hopefully they'll clean up their act.

So folks, learn from me, always double check before you buy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]