Priceline Hotel: 2* Somerset - Brunswick (Edison - Woodbridge) Homestead Woodbridge - Newark

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

My previous bids of $43 were rejected at the 3 and 2.5* level, so I dropped to 2* and was successful.

Offer Price: $40.00

Taxes & Fees $13.35

Total: $53.35

The rack rate was $70, so this is a decent win, but with more time, I may have been able to get it for less.

This was the first time I bid using the Bidding Helper link at the top of the page, and I could not be more pleased with the ease of use. This allows me to quickly check HOTWIRE rates among a few different bidding zones that I had considered for this stay. One of the other features that I like is during a marathon bidding session and I have to close the browser and re-access PRICELINE, I can quickly resume bidding. I also like the new format to report a win as it is much simple and quicker.

As for the Homestead, it is an aging property and it appears that the lobby is getting a makeover, the rooms are quite spartan and getting a little run down. That said, I could make this work for an extended stay, it's like a small apartment. However, I awoke with the smell of my neighbors cooking, not too offensive, but just a reminder that I'm in an Extended Stay type hotel.

Overall, this hotel has a good location right off the Garden State Parkway and near the NJ Turnpike and I would stay here again at this rate. However, many of the Extended Stay America properties are rated as 1* and this Homestead Suites was rated as a 2*. I cannot find any difference between the two brands.

Sorry to hear this win wasn't one of your better ones, but sounds like it at least served it's purpose.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new tools and features on the board and it's helping make your travel research easier.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]