Priceline Hotel: please help -- how much should i bid

crazycatlady
By crazycatlady,
in

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is likely too early for this stay.

If you're concerned book yourself a cancellable back-up, you get book the Yankee Trader for $145/nite or the Yankee Clipper for $155/nite... both of which are refundable up until 72 hours before your check-in date.

You can keep trying Priceline in the meantime if you'd like, but you should increase your 4* bid higher than the $80 you've been bidding. Ultimately you should get something for under $100/nite if you're willing to accept 3* or 4*.

If you've been actively bidding let us know your maximum at each star level and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare,

I currently have a backup booked (holiday inn airport) but I would be more comfortable if I had a beach hotel booked as a backup. Where can I book the yankee trander/cliper for 145/155? I have looked these hotels up, and they are over 200$.

I would be very happy to get a 3 or 4* for under 100$.

Do you see links in my previous post above? (if so, click them)

If not....

You probably have Norton Intnernet Security installed on your computer... which removes your ability to see certain links all over the internet and prevents the pages from being displayed the way they were intended to be viewed by the publisher. Great program, huh?

Read the instructions at this link to either turn ad blocking off entirely, or at the very least, allow links at BetterBidding:

Norton Fix <-- hopefully you see this link

Let us know if you see it now after following the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The links worked -- I didn't realize they were links :)

I noticed the price of the 4* beach area hotel on hotwire dropped down to 175 (from 230 or something). I am assuming this is the Hyatt.

If the prices dropped on hotwire, does that usually mean that priceline has cheaper inventory as well?

Does anyone know how much a 4* hotel generally goes for in Fort Lauderdale beach area around my dates? (feb 5 - feb 6).

What would be a good 'low-ball' bid to start at... I can keep bidding higher as the weeks/months go on.

What would be a good 'low-ball' bid to start at...

Are you only looking for only the Beach zone? Only four star at this point?

I think you need to decide what it is you want... an 'acceptable' at hotel at the lowest price or willing to spend more for a higher priced property in a 'better' zone.

Thank you so much for your help!!

My main objective is to be either in a very upscale hotel, or be in a nice hotel on the beach (or both!!)

So, my first choice would be a 4* hotel in one of the following zones, but would be willing to accept a 3*:

- fort lauderdale beach zone

- hollywood beach zone

Additionally, I would also be happy with a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone.

Price is not too much of a concern (already spending 5k on a cruise, so another couple hundred seems like peanuts) -- BUT, I would like to start bidding low to save as much money as possible, of course :)

This early i would only bid for what you really want... much too early to begin taking your second choices.

Bidding only for 4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach you have four re-bid zones, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

If successful the most likely outcome would be the Hyatt Pier 66 (but of course, no guarantees). This is how i would bid:

Select 4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $92.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. Any questions feel free to ask.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doubtful you'll be successful at this early stage of the game as rates remain high, and would once again recommend you book a cancellabel back-up (and will refer you again to the links above to make a back-up reservation at the Yankee Trader or Yankee Clipper)

If you still want to try bidding now you have four re-bids at the 4* level and one re-bid at the 3* level.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Downtown and Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bdi zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Beach...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]