Priceline Hotel: Question regarding booking timing

sktdh
By sktdh,
in

Hello,

I haven't been on since the summer and I am now back looking to book a 4-5 day mini vacation in L.A.

I got a very good deal for a last minute booking in the summer, and it brings me to question... Is it better booking ~1month in advance or go for a last minute booking 1-2weeks prior to departure?

I'm shooting for feb 20-24 or feb 19-24 in L.A, anywhere but Pasadena and LAX location shooting for $80 + $10 bonus cash for *4.

also, any advice if I should rent a car using priceline as I am only 24 and the 25 and under fee will kick in or am i better off just booking directly through to avoid problems?

Thanks a lot :)

I got a very good deal for a last minute booking in the summer, and it brings me to question... Is it better booking ~1month in advance or go for a last minute booking 1-2weeks prior to departure?

See the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

...shooting for $80 + $10 bonus cash for *4.

Please note that you can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the PRICELINE link on the board

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

3) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

I am only 24 and the 25 and under fee will kick in or am i better off just booking directly through to avoid problems?

You'll need to pay the underage driver fee, but what sort of problems would you anticipate?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply!

If i booked through priceline would the underage driving fee be the only fee i pay? so lets say 25/day, for 4 days I would pay $100 at the rental office? or are there taxes, hidden fees and other fees I have to pay such as liability insurance for underage drivers?

I've never rented a car in the US and here in Canada I just pay the underage fee and they have me going on my way.

Thanks for the information and I will use the link to book as always!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]