Priceline Hotel: NYC Help 7/10-7/12

rubicat
By rubicat,
in

I am trying to bid for a room in NYC on 7/10 - 7/12. I would prefer to stay in MTW area. Next would be Central Park South. Of course I would love a 4* but a 3 * would be okay. I have a back up reservation for $140 a night not including taxes. It is okay hotel, have stayed there before but would rather find something better.

Last time I bid for NYC for a stay during spring break got a room on Priceline at the Hilton for $110 a night.

I have tried up to $115. per night for 3* and higher with no success. This was in the two above zones.

The 3* hotels listed on the forum are going for about $250 per night. The 4* seem to start at $285.

I have time and could bid prior to my trip which starts on 7/7 in Boston. I would love suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you very much for any assistance you can give. Ruby

Is there a reason you're avoiding the MTE zone? Are you familiar with PRICELINE RE-BIDDING?

You can book the second nite of your stay at the Best Western for $119/nite... the first nite is 'on request' which means that they will contact the hotel to see if they can get additional nites at their contracted rate (they'll let you know in 48 hours... could be as much as 72 hours). You could either submit a request for both nites or secure the 2nd nite, cancel the second nite of your previous reservation, then submit a second request for the first nite of your stay... if successful cancel the original first nite reservation. Rates thru the above link are cancellable up until 72 hours before check-in date. (if you make two separate reservations, please use the above link before each reservation)

If you're willing to spend a little more i think a BIG jump in quality would be a 1BR suite at the Beekman Tower which is available for $163/nite and has great reviews. (note this is in the MTE zone, so as per above, not sure if you're avoiding this zone)

Let us know if any of the above works for you or if you want to try Priceline... if going the priceline route, let us know if you understand re-bidding, your maximum bid, and if you're also willing to bid the MTE zone, then we'll be able to suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your response. My understanding of a rebid is to select a zone that only has lower star rating than I am trying to get. In NYC that would be upper west side. I don't quite understand the purpose of closing the browser though.

I guess I have avoided the Midtown East preferring the Mid West or Upper Midtown/Central Park area. If you think I will stand a better chance by going for MTE, I will do it.

Anyhow if you could suggest a strategy, I will be most grateful. Thank you for your patience with me. Have a super day, Ruby

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3*UM/CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Select MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select MTE, MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

If the above is rejected i would really consider swapping your current back-up at the Best Western for that of the Beekman linked above. The Beekman will give you a much bigger room, better service, great reviews, and is given the $163/nite rate (and no booking fee), it is only about $7 more than your highest priceline bid above (and if offered by priceline would likely fall at least into the 3* MTE category).

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]