Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Park Shore

Tesla
By Tesla,
in

Hi,

I just stumbled on this wonderful site while trying to do my own research to identify a 2.5* Waikiki beach area hotel on Hotwire.

The details are:

2.5-star hotel in Waikiki Beach Area $89/night

Hotel Amenities

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Tennis Nearby

The tripadvisor beach area map says 3.5 out of 5 for travel ratings for this hotwire listing.

The total after taxes for the 8 nights is: $827.43

My budget was to be $100 a night total, but I can swing the extra $27. I want to get the best bang for the buck (location is important as I won't have a car most of the time I am there). I did find a posting in a prior thread were a user asked about a property with the exact same description back in 2008 (it was $79 back then), but they were asking about too many properties and never answered a follow up question, so it became an abandoned thread.

Thanks! I hope to be able to confirm the findings and post what I end up with :)

-Tesla

P.S. I'll use the links from the site! Thanks again!

I am new, but I have noticed this Hotwire observation. I've been seeing what looks like false scarcity... On a listing that says "Only 01 room left" I also noted that it said "10 bookings in last 24 hours." Later that night, I saw that the number of bookings in the past 24 hours grew to "12 bookings in last 24 hours" but the listing still said "Only 01 room left." Of course I believe it was the same property (same amenities, location, star rating, stats, price, etc..) So either they magically get more rooms one at a time, or it's a very strange coincidence. The problem is that at some point there really will be just 01 left and once it's gone, it's gone-- so if you identify it as a great deal, I'd be sure to use the links from here and go for it.

-Tesla

Update.

I did my own homework and started going through each possibility and was pretty sure that it was going to be the Park Shore (I checked checked Tripadvisor.com for travel ratings, and then made a list of all that fell within the "beach area" --from there, I went to hotels.com for the amenities and star ratings.. through a process of elimination, I kept coming back to the Park Shore (the only thing that wasn't matching up was that Hotwire said "tennis nearby" but this was not mentioned on hotels.com. The final price at Hotwire was beating the normal websites by a big chunk (my total was $827-- and Expedia's 30%off sale price would cost $1,008 total---if I had the correct property). I was pretty certain that my educated guess was right, so I pulled the trigger.

Long story short... I'm booked.. and my guess was right... Park Shore! Even though I had yet to get any feedback from my post here, I was happy to use the hotwire box on this site to link to HOTWIRE.

Aloha!

-Tesla

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and saved a few hundred dollars on this stay... more money to spend around the island. ;)

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]