Up bid for better within same rating?

slb
By slb,
in

Let's say there are two hotels under the same star rating in the same area, but one is nicer (Westin vs Hilton, both 3.5 stars). Both are reported as winning bids under these criteria. If I start my bidding higher, does it increase the chance of getting into the nicer hotel? If both hotels are available, I would assume Priceline would fill the requests for the higher priced hotel if possible, otherwise it would default to the lower priced hotel with a lower bid. Hope this makes sense. I suppose you always run the risk of paying 'too much' for the lower priced hotel.

There is definitely the risk of overpaying for the hotel you were trying to avoid. It is possible to pay more than retail and still win a hotel - and then one would have to take advantage of PRICELINE's best price guarantee. There is no way of knowing inventory (if a particular hotel is even offering discounted inventory for your nights), as well. If you are trying to avoid/look for a particular property or properties, HOTWIRE is a better choice for that, although still not guaranteed.

If you need assistance with your stay, please post the information (dates of travel, acceptable zones, star rating, budget) and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]