Priceline Hotel: Need Help with 4 Rooms in Ft. Lauderdale 1/27-1/30

Goldbeard
By Goldbeard,
in

Friends,

I need to book 4 rooms in the same hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area for 1/27-1/30 4* preferable or 3.5* if it's good. I realize this is short notice during peak season and inventory is slim and prices high. Do you have any strategy suggestions on Priceline or Hotwire for me? One problem I have with Priceline is I'd prefer not to get Hyatt Pier 66 (it's really not at the beach or 4* as listed on Priceline and seems to hit often when bidding beach area 4*).

Tips and strategy suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

The only way to avoid a hotel thru PRICELINE is to not include that zone in your bidding or choose a star rating higher than the hotel you're trying to avoid. Since this is the only zone you're interested in, and 4* is the higher star rating offered in this zone, there is no way to avoid the Hyatt.

If you search HOTWIRE for 4rooms and the dates of your stay, is anything offered within your budget and in the preferred zone and desired star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried Hotwire and the lowest priced 4* listed was the W at $423 per night which is above my budget. I think I'll just do Priceline Bidding and accept that I may get the Hyatt Pier 66. Any suggestion on the strategy? What $ to start bidding for 4* Ft. Lauderdale Beach 4 rooms 1/27-1/30? Once I make it through the standard rebid on the extra zones that don't have 4*, is there a strategy to continue bidding?

Thanks.

Demand seems quite high for these dates as indicated by the $400 price tags above, but to give it a try:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Fort Lauderdale Beach...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Fort Lauderdale Beach and zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Fort Lauderdale Beach and zone5...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Fort Lauderdale Beach and zone4 and zone5...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]