Priceline Hotel: 3* Virginia Beach (Area) Courtyard By Marriott Oceanfront North-Virginia Beach

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Tried unsuccessfully to bid in the Cape Charles zone just north of the bay bridge tunnel, but just like many other small market zones, there were no deals to be had. There was a 1* Budget Host for $54, but it garnered a 2.5 out of 10 rating in 5 reviews so I decided to bid in the Virginia Beach zone. Did some research on the board and saw there was a recent win at the 3* level for $44, so I bid $42 and was accepted immediately.

Offer Price: $42.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.85

Total Charged to Card: $55.85

I had a tinge of bidders remorse, but I can't put the toothpaste back in the tube when bidding, so to speak, and I am pleased with the result. Rack rate was $129, but there was a prepaid rate of $109 available.

Not so much going on in VA Beach in January, but that is the appeal of winter by the ocean. The Courtyard was fairly new, at check in I was given a room on the 10 th floor, all rooms are oceanfront. The standard room has two queens, flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. There is a sliding glass door and a small balcony with two chairs to enjoy a great view of the ocean, the waves were still rolling in. In the summer, midweek rates are about $300. This property has to rank as one of the top 5 wins I have bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]