Need help with bidding | FAT 2/11 - 2/16

sirks
By sirks,
in

I've been reading here for a while, used others experiences over the last year as well. Now I need some help :(

Every time I fly out to FAT I end up getting a rental car at the desk. The last time will be the same time as this year. 2/11 - 2/16. Every time I go to rent a car they say it will be like 50/day or so. Well I went to hertz last year and it ended up costing me 889.26 for the few days I was there. I only used the car to go to my hotel, to get food, and to target.. all within 5 miles easily. Is this normal? I'm trying to get to Fresno as cheap as possible and with a decent looking car.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When you walk up to the desk the rental company knows they "got you"... even if there are multiple rental counters at the airport, you're less likely to wait on line at each one to get the prevailing rate, so the rental company will quote you a price as high as they can (the situation is even worse if no rental counters at the airport and you need to take a shuttle bus to the rental counter... then they know they really have you)

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll help you with your upcoming rental. Do you already have a hotel for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]