Priceline Hotel: Long beach 3.5*

supersuper
By supersuper,
in

Hi everyone,

I am trying to book a 3.5* 1 night stay in the long beach area (long beach zone) March 10-11, 2012

Have been bidding from $50-$69 in the last couple of days.

There is no winning bids around the same dates and same area yet.

There is a winning bid at San Pedro (zone 3 within long beach area) for $65.

Other previous winning bid on the my location has been around $50-$65.

My research on hotwire shows the 3.5* hotel is around $80-90 on March.

I dont want to go above $70.

Question 1: Should I stop bidding and come back around Feb and bid again?

Question 2: If I keep bidding around the same price $60-$69, will the system penalize me and giving me a harder time?

Question 3: If later on I decide to lower my bids to around $50-$60, will the system know that my highest bid were $69, therefore they will never lower my accepted price even if the hotel price has decreased?

and yes, I have been using the QuickQuote for my PRICELINE bidding.

Thanks for hosting this board its amazing and really helpful!

Question 1: Should I stop bidding and come back around Feb and bid again?

There is no harm in bidding, but i'm guessing that you'll likely need to be closer to $75-$80 at this point in time.

Question 2: If I keep bidding around the same price $60-$69, will the system penalize me and giving me a harder time?

No, PRICELINE wants you to win a hotel... they only make money if you win a hotel ;)

Question 3: If later on I decide to lower my bids to around $50-$60, will the system know that my highest bid were $69, therefore they will never lower my accepted price even if the hotel price has decreased?

After 24 hours your previous bids are not taken into consideration for any future bidding.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]