Priceline Hotel: Grand Hyatt - Poipu Kauai

jjtrip
By jjtrip,
in

Since it's the only resort level in region 2, I've bid twice a day (using re-bid zone Princeville since there are no resorts). However, I'm up to $220 and still no luck. Is it b/c we're only staying 3 nights? I saw someone got it around Christmas for 180, but for 8 nights I think. Should I keep going? With fees, it's getting pricier than we'd like. Would I have better luck waiting till the date is closer and then starting back down around 180 or is that too risky?

Thank you!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry to hear that your bids haven't been accepted. You can pick a ceiling and try up to that price point every few days, but unfortunately, if the area is heavily booked up this year, rates could stay high or possibly move even higher.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The best available rate at the Hyatt website is $500+, which would make your current bids (and a $250 maximum) a low probability bet.

What is your maximum bid price? What is your gameplan should your PRICELINE bidding be unsuccessful?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Haven't come up with a plan B. We want to stay in this region and it looks like the best we could do in that price range. I think we're going to just keep inching it up by $5/each bid and hope we get it by 250. Not impressed with the Sheraton reviews. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help!

I'd suggest coming up with a Plan B so that you can determine your next course of action if you continue to be rejected by PRICELINE. If you don't know your next best option, then you're bidding based upon what you want to pay, which may not be realistic for your specific dates of travel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Up to 240 and no luck. I thought our 250/night budget was reasonable based on the history of other posts. Working on a plan b...

We stayed at a condo in Koloa Landing http://www.koloalandingresort.com recently since we couldn't get the Sheraton or Hyatt at a reasonable price. We thought it was a great hotel alternative, and it looks like it's around $280 per night for a 1bd during your stay. Keep in mind that there is no resort fee, and if you make your own breakfast each morning, you'd be back below the $250 mark! ;)

This may sound crazy but I really loved the Aston Aloha Beach that we stayed at in 2010. It has the perfect location for protected swimming (my DH is not a good swimmer) and getting to everywhere easily as it is really centrally located. It is adjacent to Lydgate Park and right down the road from Smith's Tropical Paradise/Waimea falls. The room was fine, not a lush paradise but I wasn't in Hawaii to stay in the room. The pool and hot tub were very nice and the breakfast (which is included in some packages) was amazing. The banana macadamia pancakes w/coconut syrup there are so incredible, I could cry. Anyway, the reviews are always either love or hate on that place but I can tell you first hand, it was a great place to stay and I am going back there the same time you are for 2 weeks w/a minivan for about $2100 via Orbitz (it was cheaper to bundle the hotel and car rather than bid both from what I could see). I don't know if you have children, but kids stay and eat free there so breakfast buffet for 2 is around $30 incl. tax and kids. Can't remember menu prices but similar to anywhere else we ate & food was good every time.

I'm just throwing it out there for your consideration, I know there's a large difference between the Hyatt and a more budget-friendly resort but it was a great place for us and the location was superior to any. We could walk right down to the beach or walk along their jogging path and then stroll back to the hotel to eat or swim in the pool and then back again. So much less hassle than getting in a car to drive to the beaches (although we did do that one day just to see them all).

Just a thought: I recently saw a deal where you get 2 free nights if you sign up for a Hyatt credit card. Card is $75/year, but you could cancel the card. 2 nights at this resort for $75 is a good deal, and helps lower your out of pocket nightly room rate. (Plz only consider the CC if you understand the costs, terms and so on associated with this CC, and CC in general.)

Also, if you you do end up staying at the Hyatt, you should check if Costco still has the Hyatt $100 credit for $80. This will not help you on the room price, but can help offset your food and drinks. Good luck. I hope you get the Hyatt. It is an absolutely fabulous property, only downside is there is no swimming beach on the property (the beach in front of the hotel is all coral), but there are many pools and lagoons.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]