Hotwire Hotel: San Francisco-Lombard/Marina Hotel Needed

Nyc2005
By Nyc2005,
in

Hi...First time on here and hope I've included alll the necessary information.

I've been out there many of times and need a place, preferably by the Lombard area. I'm interested in dates; 7/20/05-----7/27/05. I would like internet access, free parking and whatever else. Must be clean as well. No run down overpeiced joints. Thanks

By the way....a compact car from SFO for under or about $150 would be nice too. thanks again

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This thread is in the Hotwire section of the board, is that the service you wanted to use?

If so, please do a search on Hotwire and let us know if there are any hotels that interest you (ie- by looking at the price, star rating, and/or amenties offered) and we will try to help you identify them.

If you're looking for Priceline, please let us know the zones (as defined by Priceline) that you are willing to bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok

I just did a search and got $49per night 3 star hotel in the Van Ness/Lombard Corridor - Pacific Heights . Its ammenities are;

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Would business center mean internet (in room) access ? Also, the car rentals went up dramatically in the past few days. Another wuestion regarding that, Does hotwire always deal with the 3 top (Avis Budget,Hertz) rental companies ? I dont want to have to go out of San Francisco airport to pick one up.

Thanks again in advance

This is a match for the La Quinta so that would be our best guess.

The Business Center icon does not mean Hi-Speed Internet, Hotwire uses a different icon to represent hi-speed internet access (also note that the appearance of the hi-speed internet icon does not mean that it is included in the room rate, often an additional fee applies)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see that is located on Van Ness, I'm interested in something closer to the Marina District down Lombard closer to Mels Drive In. I know that sopt has many hotels, but probably not for $49 this time of year. Really interested in having internet access this time and parking, without an extra fee, is a must.

What about the car rental question I had above ? A few days agoi I saw a special and received a quote of about $150 for 7 days. The only thing is that I must be sure the pickup is actually in SFO. "Payless and Fox" are not, I just hope hotwire does not deal with them. As of this moment, that special is gone and the cost is $21.95 per day even for economy and compact class. Thats crazy.

Regarding your hotel:

Free parking is not something you can indicate for your opaque purchase, so if that is a requirement (rather than a want) then your plans are not flexible enough to use the opaque services (and hi-speed internet can only be guaranteed thru a Hotwire selection showing such an icon... not 'selectable' with Priceline).

I don't know how much parking is in the area, but i'd suspect that you would save enough thru an opaque purchase that even if parking was additional, it would still be cheaper than booking direct. I would assume $xx for parking (i don't know the rates in the area) and assume that you will be paying that on top of your room rate.. then evaluate whether or not it is still a good deal or not.

Regarding your car rental:

From Hotwire's Customer Care area (for future readers, double check this as it was accurate at the time posted, but suppliers can be added/removed since then):

Hotwire works exclusively with the leading companies in the business -- Avis, Budget, and Hertz

Whether or not all three are actual on-site at the airport i don't know, but it sounds as if you do so you can make a decision accordingly.

• 1 month later...

Ended up not booking a hotel but stayed with some friends for a few days (last time). However, auto rates were still higher than usual in SFO. Ended up taking an Avis promo for the same price as I had originally booked with Thrifty, but this had an upgrade and awarded me 1000 AA miles which is always handy. Thanks for all the assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]