Priceline travel dates for long flights

toysinthebasement
By toysinthebasement,
in

Hi, I'm thinking of using Name Your Own Price in Priceline for air travel to Lihue in Hawaii in March. I'd be traveling from the east coast of the US. I'm flexible on my travel times, but I don't want to end up in a situation where my flight spans two days. For instance, say I'm looking for BWI-Lihue traveling on 3/17. Is it possible I'll end up with a flight package that is something like leave BWI @ 5:20pm, arrive LAX @11pm, then leave LAX 9:05am the next morning, final destination Lihue?

So I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible I would end up with a flight that spans 2 days, or if you bid on travel for a specific day, is it limited to that day?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Current as of this time of posting, here are two pertinent quotes from PRICELINE:

Domestic travel: Connection times for domestic travel can be up to 3 hours, depending on the best available routing. Keep in mind that 80% of domestic connections are 2 hours or less.

and

...most flights within the United States and U.S. Territories will start between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm on your travel dates, arriving no later than 12:30am the next day. Most International flights will start between 5:00am and 2:00am the following day, arriving on the day after the departure. Flight time parameters are based on your city pair, and are displayed prior to purchase, with your complete itinerary, including flight times, displayed post-purchase.

While the second quote does say "...most flights...", i think you'd be 'safe' from the scenario you described since you only agree to up to a 3 hour layover. I suppose it's possible that you could win a 10pm departure, arrive on the west coast at 3am local time, then a 6am departure onward to Hawaii... so you would first need to confirm that there were no such scheduled itineraries exist.

However, i'll add that given the current airfare environment, savings on airfare do exist but extremely deep discounts are far and few between. What are your actual dates of travel, what is the best fare you're currently able to find on this route, and how much of a savings would you need to see to make an opaque purchase worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click each of these previous links before replying, thanks)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]