Hotwire Hotel: 3* Mystic - New London (North Stonington) La Quinta Inn and Suites Stonington

deejub
By deejub,
in

LaQuinta does not usually get a 3* rating in my experience, but reviews are good.

Listed amenities: Complimentary Breakfast Fitness Center Pool(s)Business Center Laundry Facilities (self-service) High-Speed Internet Access.

However, I do have a question. The Hotwire page said in this listing: "Super Savings" with $119 crossed out and $64 displayed. In the indicia, it stated that this means that "Savings based on median published rate we've found on leading retail travel sites in the last 24-48 hours for the same neighborhood, star rating, and stay dates. Availability is limited and rates are subject to change. Prices are dynamic and vary based on date of booking, length of stay and hotel class. Prices do not include taxes and fees. Hotwire is different from retail travel sites. With Hotwire you enter the date and location. Hotel revealed only after booking." Well... obviously one can't check before booking, but immediately after the booking, the rates on eight different major travel sites were $79-109 (unless you count a suite as counting). LaQuinta's website rate was $84. Seems a wee bit fishy and does not make me feel good about trusting Hotwire.

Sorry to hear if you're underwhelmed with this purchase, but hopefully the location will be good and work for your needs this trip.

If you read carefully what you quoted from HOTWIRE's website, nowhere does it state that rates were for this particular property, but rather for the same neighborhood, star rating, and stay dates. This means that they're quoting rates for 3* hotels in this zone... not necessarily rates for this specific property.

If/when you're unsure of a property you're ready to purchase always feel free to ask the board for help and we'd be happy to take a look.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh my... I am more than slightly embarrassed. I posted the language and then didn't read it correctly. Yup, you're right. If one takes into consideration what might be 3* properties in the area, that's feasible for sure. This was an $11 savings over a fully cancellable rate on Booking.com, when tax and fees are included ($79 versus $90).... I don't see that as "super savings" compared to other Hotwire deals, though.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]