Hotwire Hotel: 2* Chicago (Oak Brook - Downers Grove) Homestead

trivianut
By trivianut,
in

Ok, I started out looking for a 2.5-3* in Northbrook for one night on 6/28/05. Most of the 3* were sold out when I checked rates. Tried bidding w/ free rebids for Gurnee and Libertyville (on P-L), and bid up to $36 with no luck. Now most of the 2.5* in area are sold out as well, so I'm trying for a different strategy.

Idea 1 is to try Priceline for Chicago-O'Hare, since there seems to be good availability. For 3* hotels - $116 Wyndham, $115 Four Points, and $109 for Ramada.

Idea 2 is 2.5 or 3* in Oak Brook/Downers Grove on P-L, b/c although I'll be in Northbrook for dinner on the 28th, the next morning I'm going to LaGrange (south on 294). The best (only) rate for 2.5 star is Amerisuites for $99, and Holiday Inn Oak Brook is $95, but I've heard poor reviews.

Idea 3 is Hotwire. Not much in Northbrook, but in Oak Brook there is a 3* Best Value for $43 w/ Comp. Breakfast and Pool amenities (most likely LaQuinta), and 2.5* Best Value w/ Kitchenette and Laundry for $32. There's also a 2* w/ same amenities for $31 that is most likely Homestead where I've stayed in the past, and it's fine for my needs (this would probably be my backup bid for an internet rate of $55). Since I've never used Hotwire before, I'm leaning towards 3 b/c I could use the discount code "GIFTCARD06" as a first timer, correct? I could get either one of the 2-2.5* properties for $30-31 w/ taxes and fees, which is a pretty good deal. Just curious as to which property might be which?

If I figure out the specific hotels, guess I'll be trying #3, unless someone has a better idea? Thanks for listening to my rant...

Glad it went as expected and you got a great deal.

You can only edit posts for up to one hour after posting them... just add a reply to your post with updates as it keeps continuity for others that are following along and future readers as well (we'll take care of the topic title)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you Thereuare! Despite my being a Wisconsin grad, I love all the things you do here :) It was great knowing that the Hotel I bid on was one that I've stayed at before. Best part is getting it for 1/2 the rate of three years ago :) I also expected that you could do something about editing the title. Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]