Can your backup hotel be one of your target hotels?

CdnDavidK
By CdnDavidK,
in

In the FAQ there is a topic named "When To Book, Will Prices Go Down, etc." which suggests booking a cancellable reservation as a backup.

My questions is: Is it ok to book this backup at a hotel that's one of your target hotels that you're hoping to make a successful bid on? I'm not talking about cancelling the backup and then bidding in the hope of getting the same room at a better rate. I'm asking if having a reservation at a particular hotel will prevent Priceline from accepting a bid at that hotel (perhaps based on my name or credit card info).

PS: In the "When To Book, Will Prices Go Down, etc." topic there is a link for EasyClickTravel. This link failed for me. Is the link still valid?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To answer your other question, at this time, we don't have an active link to ECT. (thanks for asking)

If you'd like help bidding for your upcoming stay please post the parameters (city, zone, dates, desired star rating, budget, etc) and we'll try to assist.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]