Priceline Hotel: Question about bidding for DT in Skokie

Andreama
By Andreama,
in

Hi,

I am going to bid for a hotel in Skokie (and yes, I actually do need to stay there and not downtown!). I see on PL that the Double Tree is a 3 star hotel. Should I check the 3 star category when I do my bidding in order to increase my odds of getting property (obviously I know there's no guarantee I'll get DT but I want to make sure I select the correct star category)? I believe the Orrington and maybe a Holiday Inn are the only 3 stars in this category. I don't think there are any 4 stars.

My dates of stay are 12/29 for 3 nights.

Thanks for your help.

Andrea

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

In terms of the Evanston-Skokie-Niles zone, the only hotels that have been reported to the board at the 3* level are the Holiday Inn, Orrington and Doubletree. There was previously a 3.5* level in this zone and the Doubletree and Orrington were in the 3.5* level at one point, but the max in this zone is now 3*. There could be other 3*'s not yet reported in this zone, but I think that's unlikely (and if there is, I can't imagine what they would be.) There is no way to increase the odds of a particular property.

I recommend the North burbs often - they're a nice and less expensive downtown alternative. In terms of the 3* level in the Evanston-Skokie-Niles zone, the Doubletree is okay (although getting old around the edges), the Orrington is nice (although I haven't stayed there since it became a Hilton), but I think the Holiday Inn is the one of the three that would be the least desirable both from a hotel standpoint and from a location standpoint (in terms of the Doubletree, you're across of Old Orchard Mall; in terms of the Orrington, there's a ton in downtown Evanston that's easily walked to.)

There's some very nice hotels in the zones further North (North Shore and Deerfield), but it becomes how close do you need to be to Skokie.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]